Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

2 hours ago, KSV said:

We still need a CB if Bruce doesnt trust Tuanzebe there. We cant go the rest of the season with Elphick and Mile. Suicidal. 

I am hoping once De Laet returns.. he can push Tuanzebe in. But if this was the case.. wouldnt he have played Elmo at RB and pushed Tuanzebe and played Adomah on the wing instead of Elmo.

Tuanzebe doesnt seem to be an option for Bruce there just yet. 

Kid plays against Bayern but cant handle Wigan?

Why would we use a loan slot to bring in a CB, then not play him at CB?

Loans are supposed to improve the first team, not to aid the development of of another club's player.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

If we could get a striker in, sort of a cross between Linker/Shearer/Beardsley/Owen.
That'd be decent.

Not good enough, I'd prefer a cross between Van Nistleroy/Henry/Drogba/De Bruyne

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Straggler said:

Not good enough, I'd prefer a cross between Van Nistleroy/Henry/Drogba/De Bruyne

Not good enough either (although both would be acceptable), how about a cross between Andy Gray, Gerry Hitchens, Brian Little and Gary Shaw?:)

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Zatman said:

they have 6 or 7 widemen so cant play them all

Everton fans wanted him out long before the last transfer window. But if he find his old form he is better than most wingers in the PL. 

3 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

De Laet was rated on his arrival ?  I was dismayed when we signed him just like I was with Richards.

He is an average run of the mill player, never rated him.

Going off topic, but playoffs, promotion, featured a decent amount of times in a league winning team, won promotion with Middlesbrough. He's not setting the world alight, but we're in the Championship and he's proven at this level.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VERB27 said:

Going off topic, but playoffs, promotion, featured a decent amount of times in a league winning team, won promotion with Middlesbrough. He's not setting the world alight, but we're in the Championship and he's proven at this level.

Point taken! Just don't rate him one bit though but it's a game of opinions (As 'Arry Reknapp famously said to that fan re: Lampard and Scott Canham in 1997) :)

Edited by Villan4Life

I've got a sneaky feeling we might well end up with Marcus maddison as our new winger. We have been linked before, right age (24) and one of the highest number of assists across the leagues. Their chairman said he would probably leave the club this window as a loan to buy. ???

• Like 2

9 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

Why would we use a loan slot to bring in a CB, then not play him at CB?

Loans are supposed to improve the first team, not to aid the development of of another club's player.

I was thinking Huth is still unsigned. No need for loan

Â