Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

I can accept that he may have represented a cheap option if he has accepted another contract on low wages with a small signing on fee. I am just concerned that we might have used our meagre cash resources elsewhere and I am not sure he is a better option than 19 years old Sarkic who we have loaned to Wigan.

8 minutes ago, John said:

I can accept that he may have represented a cheap option if he has accepted another contract on low wages with a small signing on fee. I am just concerned that we might have used our meagre cash resources elsewhere and I am not sure he is a better option than 19 years old Sarkic who we have loaned to Wigan.

Sarkic went on loan to Wigan last season I don't think he's gone again has he?

Wasn't Sarkic on the released list, or have I imagined that?

Edit: Actually, was it a young Swedish/Norwegian keeper we released? 

Edited by Rob182

4 minutes ago, Junxs said:

What don't you like about Steer? 

I think he's always done really well whenever asked to play, been sitting on the bench patiently for 5 years about time he got his chance. I think he will prove to be better than Johnstone

I just have my doubts which I hope will be proved unfounded. Jed looked good for Huddersfield and decent when he played for us prior to picking up injuries that kept him out of contention for much of the last two seasons. I just hope he can now shake off those injury problems and get back to the form he showed a couple of years ago.

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

Wasn't Sarkic on the released list, or have I imagined that?

Edit: Actually, was it a young Swedish/Norwegian keeper we released? 

Johansson? I thought he was pretty good, shame, where have you seen that? Sarkic signed a new 3 year contract about 6 months ago

10 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Johansson? I thought he was pretty good, shame, where have you seen that? Sarkic signed a new 3 year contract about 6 months ago

Victor Johansson was on the released list.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Who else was?

Khalid Abdo - slight surprise

Oscar Borg - BIG surprise - good LB reminded me of Wilf

No other surprises - think they had to choose between the two young GK

Edited by SirSteveUK

5 hours ago, SirSteveUK said:

Khalid Abdo - slight surprise

Oscar Borg - BIG surprise - good LB reminded me of Wilf

No other surprises - think they had to choose between the two young GK

Can you name who else was released please?

15 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Can you name who else was released please?

Released

Abdo, Khalid

Borg, Oscar Francis

Finnerty, James John

Idem, Emmanuel Okokon

Johansson, Viktor Tobias

Watkins, Bradley

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-championship-released-retained-14778372.amp

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Skills said:

saw bogdan going on loan to Hibs, would have been a relatively good option for us without really knowing the costs involved

Would have been Ok, but I feel that the reports of no free transfers is true. Otherwise I would have expected us to sign at least 1 player on a free this summer. Either that or a sale is close and nothing is happening until that is finalised. Fingers crossed.

Â