Pre Match Thread

TheAuthority

4 hours ago, Kingman said:

Yeah no doubt they will park the bus and try to frustrate us. 

Fans need to keep their cool and get behind the lads as this could be tighter than most think. 

This used to be our Achilles heel, but not so much this season. Grealish, Adomah and Snod seem to unlock defences.

I would start

Johnstone

Elmo---------Chester------Terry---------Taylor

Snodgrass---Hourihane---Grealish---Adomah

Davis---Grabban

Go on the front foot. Have Bjarnasson as an impact once again and let Jedinak rest for Bolton unless we absolutely need him.

I think if we are positive this line-up will keep the ball and close QPR down enough for us to be comfortable.

Have Davis in for something a bit different to Wolves. Possibly could be effective to have his strength causing problems for QPR's defense and act as a foil for Grabban. I also think he'll have at least five options to lay the ball off to and him being there injects the physicality at the front to cause immediate problems at that end of the pitch and give QPR no respite.

I will say 4-0 Villa. :flag: Snodgrass, Grabban, Hourihane and Adomah with a goal each all set up by Grealish.

Image result for go for it gif

I think we playing our best football in 4-1-4-1 formation and we should stick to it.I would like to see thor starting in dm i think hes pretty good in there. 

Johnstone

Elmo    Terry   Chester  Taylor

Thor

Snod Hourihane Grealish  Adomah

Grabban

Edited by Tumblerseven
  • Like 4

58 minutes ago, Tumblerseven said:

I think we playing our best football in 4-1-4-1 formation and we should stick to it.I would like to see thor starting in dm i think hes pretty good in there. 

Johnstone

Elmo    Terry   Chester  Taylor

Thor

Snod Hourihane Grealish  Adomah

Grabban

This team picks itself. I will be gutted if Bruce goes for anything else.

I hope it won't be  an anti-climax after Saturday. I am fairly certain we will have more of the ball and QPR will be harder to break down. I think we may have to be patient and grind out a win tomorrow night.  I wouldn't mind a few changes to freshen things up. Lansbury for Hourihane springs to mind- we might as well use the squad we have with 10 games left.

Bruce doesn't exactly love changing a winning team, and I doubt very much he'll change a team that beat the league leaders 4-1. I don't think Bjarnason starts, though he might be a comparatively early change for Jedinak if he's tiring. 

• Like 1

I am for some reason a bit more worried about today's game than Saturdays. QPR nothing to play for, Saturday huge win could have taken a lot out of us.

A lot of pressure tonight, we need to win I dont care how but we need the 3 points  

14 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Hmm, I think go for Thor too. So I think I would go like this:

Johnstone

Elmo      Terry        Chester       Taylor

Thor

Snodgrass   Hourihane  Grealish Adomah

Grabban

This for me as well...

I think QPR will park the bus and Bjarnasson will add to the energy in the team in helping to break them down. Fast paced football as we saw in the second half on Saturday and we will have a win in the bag.

• Like 2

Got a sneaky feeling that Grealish could be rested. Played 90 mins at weekend after just coming back. Thing is I actually kind of agree with this. I think we can keep it at worst a draw and bring him on after 60 it would strike fear into them and allow him to be a little fresher down the stretch.

25 minutes ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Got a sneaky feeling that Grealish could be rested. Played 90 mins at weekend after just coming back. Thing is I actually kind of agree with this. I think we can keep it at worst a draw and bring him on after 60 it would strike fear into them and allow him to be a little fresher down the stretch.

We have a 2 week break after saturday, he will start.

• Like 1