Pre Match Thread

TheAuthority

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

You are not looking at the bigger picture. We could privatise that equipment. 

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

You are not looking at the bigger picture. We could privatise that equipment. 

Privatise the profits, nationalise the losses, it’s the modern way!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

#stevointhesnow

;)

Deal with the snow fell through at the last minute. 

I’m told a deal could happen in the summer. 

• Like 1

What they gonna do during the proposed winter break? When it's just cold in Jan but buckets down in Feb/March like this?

Edited by TreeVillan
Bloody hell I forgot it was March.

We have history with QPR postponements.

Remember when I was at Shenley in what must have been the late eighties one of our teachers arranged to take a bunch of us down to QPR-Villa. He regaled us with stories on the train down there of following the Villa in the 3rd division in the 70s.

Our cheery spirits were quickly doused as we stepped off the train to be confronted with a sign saying 'QPR Villa Off - Waterlogged Pitch'. We were gutted, plus it was dry and sunny all day. Think we spent the rest of the day walking around London with no money.

Anyone remember when that was exactly?

Tuesday the 13th that's fine with me. I'll be on holidays in my caravan in the riverland. Kick off is 615am for me so I'll get up make a pot of coffee and sit by the river and fish while I listen to the game. 

Super keen :clap:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

Remember it well - in fairness the goal where he kneed it down and volleyed In was a cracker - one of the best hat tricks I’ve even seen .

For those too young the player in question was Trevor Francis 

I think Brian Little's hat-trick against QPR in the League Cup semi-final replay was probably the best hat-trick I have seen myself. Geoff Hurst's 66 hat-trick would be the best none Villa one. TF is a loser for me (in the best hat-trick list as well as in the life in general race).:D

Edited by John
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1