Pre Match Thread

TheAuthority

5 hours ago, carewjust4u said:

I was unfortunate enough to go to the QPR vs Sunderland on saturday, QPR are terrible.

:P

i really would love to know what on earth conspired to make you go and watch that lol !

and they must be bad if you saw Sunderland but thought QPR the ones who were terrible !

Edited by terrytini
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

Let's see how the game pans out first

Agree. Very tough game coming down off a high and with what will be a far quieter atmosphere. No time to get above ourselves, hard work and a 1-0 would be great.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, terrytini said:

:P

i really would love to know what on earth conspired to make you go and watch that lol !

My housemate is a die hard Sunderland fan, it was like watching two men with no teeth in a steak eating contest.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, carewjust4u said:

I was unfortunate enough to go to the QPR vs Sunderland on saturday, QPR are terrible.

As we saw ourselves a week ago, Sunderland have the knack of making everyone else play down to their level for at least some of the match. QPR are nowhere near as good as us, and we should win, but let's not confuse them for being anything like Sunderland. 

That being said, they aren't going to go down, or reach the playoffs, and took the opportunity to blood a youngster in their last match, so I'm hoping they're at least halfway to the beach at this point. 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I have a horrible feeling of a draw or frustrating 1-0 loss 

The horrible impending sense of doom AKA being a Villa fan. Don't worry I'm right there with you and have been all season. 

Good news! Our feelings have absolutely no bearing on the result. Either that or my near crippling sense of fear about the next result is exactly what's pushing the boys on. 

I still remember being at the Sunderland Home game and as we went 5 - 1 up my mate and I kinda simultaneously said to each other , we should be good for at least a draw now

nothings really changed since then , I still thought at 3-1 on Sat somehow we'd throw it away

on the plus side , when we win at least I'm pleasantly surprised

I'm at the game tonight , I'll be the one biting his nails when we go 3 - 0   up

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villaglint said:

The horrible impending sense of doom AKA being a Villa fan. Don't worry I'm right there with you and have been all season. 

Good news! Our feelings have absolutely no bearing on the result. Either that or my near crippling sense of fear about the next result is exactly what's pushing the boys on. 

I.hate feeling like this realky shouldnt have any thoughts like that after our recent form.

I guess it must be from all the years of suffering we have had.

• Like 1

What fills me with confidence going into games like this now (unlike the past umpteen seasons when we were pretty dire) is that we have threats all over the field now and can play in such a way that it makes it hard for opposition teams to prevent us from creating chances...for example we have wide players (Adomah/Snodgrass) who can get past their defenders and/or cut in and strike the ball and get into dangerous positions in the box...if they try stopping that through persistent fouls for example then we have players that can deliver a good early cross (like Elmo) or a dangerous ball from a free kick/corner (Snodgrass)...we likewise have some threats in the box too-whether an aerial threat (Chester/Terry/Jedinak) or poachers in the right place at the right time.. (Grabban/Adomah/Hogan) not to mention the one and only Super Jack who has simply been unplayable...even Thor's goal from the weekend gives QPR another worry...how do they stop us? If they try to press us high up the pitch and to congest the space then I think they will tire and we can hit them in the break...with all that in mind, I really don't see how QPR can play in such a way that prevents us creating a number of chances...I hope we take them and predict a Villa win, 3-0! Come on you Villa boys!!

• Like 1