Pre Match Thread

TheAuthority

55 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Gritting the roads would not cost billions of pounds. 

How much does magic grit cost? Seeing as normal grit wasn't suitable for the conditions.

12 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Billions of pounds obviously haha. God help this country. Wolves match is going to be postponed because the weather will be too mild

The Wolves match is postponed due to a frozen pitch. I'm sure magic grit would have helped there too.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Gritting the roads would not cost billions of pounds. 

Canada and Scandinavian countries don't just grit the road. There is a big budget which goes towards keeping things moving, it's not just a case of gritting roads to stop this issue. 

18 minutes ago, Dick said:

Canada and Scandinavian countries don't just grit the road. There is a big budget which goes towards keeping things moving, it's not just a case of gritting roads to stop this issue. 

And I would'nt  have thought that they have as many populated areas to take care of.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dick said:

I have lived in northern sweden. They do not need to do that much, people just get on with it, unlike Britain with it's over the top scaremongering

22 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I have lived in northern sweden. They do not need to do that much, people just get on with it, unlike Britain with it's over the top scaremongering

Whilst I can understand your sentiment to a point. You post does lack any compassion for those that have lost their lives. 

Football match played, or that 7 year olds life back. I know what I'd pick.

• Like 2

Just now, Villan_of_oz said:

Whilst I can understand your sentiment to a point. You post does lack any compassion for those that have lost their lives. 

Football match played, or that 7 year olds life back. I know what I'd pick.

Bit below the belt to suggest i have no compassion for those that have lost their lives.

Of course, goes without saying it is dreadful for anyone to lose a life. 

Im simply saying this country are not ewuipped for any adverse change in weather, unlike most of our european neighbours

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Bit below the belt to suggest i have no compassion for those that have lost their lives.

Of course, goes without saying it is dreadful for anyone to lose a life. 

Im simply saying this country are not ewuipped for any adverse change in weather, unlike most of our european neighbours

I wasn't going below the belt, just the way you were wording your posts, it was a little abrasive and made it sound like the only thing you care about was football. If your words have misrepresented you, then that's unfortunate. 

I think there are more variables that can be discussed in one post but I don't think any of the Scandinavian countries nor Canada have the population density of England. 

Therefore Englands problems when this type of weather arrives are logistically harder, and any 'prevention' methods words be exponentially more expensive.

Edited by Villan_of_oz

43 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Then you will know:

They can usually predict when storms will hit, a lot further in advance than we can

They spend millions and millions on the right protection 

They also spend millions on snowploughs and gritters

Swedish drivers are expected to purchase and use the correct tyres for driving in those conditions, it is law there - not here.

Overall. They are better prepared, more comfortable, have a bigger budget and a better understanding than a country which has sporadic snowfall and a smaller budget.

Edited by Dick
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Club is donating over 700 packed lunches that didn't get used to various homeless charities in Birmingham after the game was cancelled.

Very nice!

• Like 2