Match Thread: Sheff Wed v Villa

limpid

I like that we had a selection difficulty, deciding who should start in the defensive midfield, Birkir or Jedinak, both have been in good if not brilliant form. And the thing that was worrying most people, was that Bruce would shoehorn both of them on, sacrificing other players in the process. instead Bruce had the genius idea to drop both of them and put in Whelan, who has done nothing since joining us whatsoever. Tactical mastermind. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Yep, a draw at best is a fantastic result against a Wednesday team with an horrific injury crisis which makes ours look like nothing. 

You can shout as angrily as you like. I’m just trying to give an honest assessment of what I think will happen in this game.

Just now, rendelc said:

I thought we were meant to be pretty good. 

We are pretty good - but we're delicately balanced, we've got a lot of very average players who play in some positions and a couple of very good players that play in others - losing Grealish absolutely kills us - losing Adomah, Grealish and Green turns us into a team that hugely short in key areas. We could lose a dozen players in other area but not those three and be fine.

• Like 2

It seems to me big guys up front or at the back.....and most teams in this league have them and our so called premier league better quality is negated.

We get so easiliy " taken out" 

1 minute ago, briny_ear said:

You can shout as angrily as you like. I’m just trying to give an honest assessment of what I think will happen in this game.

What makes you think he’s shouting in anger? A bit sarky maybe.

Edited by Shropshire Lad

1 minute ago, rendelc said:

I thought we were meant to be pretty good. 

That’s what you believe if you watch SKY. In reality, we’re heavily dependant on 2/3 players with a manager who has no idea what to do when they’re out. We’ll try something different next week, that won’t work, so we’ll try something different the week after. 

I agree with another poster in that if we get promoted, it will be in spite of Bruce.