Villa Kit 2018-19

a m ole

I did really like this years UA away kit, and the grey training gear

When we were with nike, in my opinion the kits were decent but obviously templates nothing classic or inspiring.. the training gear was good I still have a few items.

We've never had adidas so It would be good  to see what adidas Villa kit would look like. I think it's my favorite sports wear brand. I have golf shoes, still got my old predator accelerator football boots and a couple of pairs of trainers

Almost 2 years in under Xia and his people and I've still not sure if the club has a plan they are working with or if they are just winging it as they go.

This particular break could be down to any number of reasons so no shadow on Villa as far as I know.

It could have been the best option at the time and now we have a better option. Could be UA cutting their losses,  we could have something epic lined up, could be aliens...

I just hope this is something the club has been working on for a long time otherwise we'll be playing in a 2017 West Ham kit with our badge super glued on it next season.

Or this could be something very much UA and not villa, if theyve walked away from us and sao paulo who else does that leave them? Not exactly cracked the market have they, obviously if they resurface in the summer making someone elses kits then there might be a bit more stink around all this but i think its more likely they will disappear from football altogether 

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Or this could be something very much UA and not villa, if theyve walked away from us and sao paulo who else does that leave them? Not exactly cracked the market have they, obviously if they resurface in the summer making someone elses kits then there might be a bit more stink around all this but i think its more likely they will disappear from football altogether 

It's called soccer actually :D

But yeah, I think UA are moving away from football and rethinking their structure overall.

But if it is them walking away I hope we've been aware of it for a long time and has something lined up.

They will make way for an innovative new agreement, which will be ground-breaking within football and, more importantly, will benefit our supporters.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2018/04/06/park-life-innovative-kit-partner-coming-soon-season-ticket-update-monopoly-cover?view=amp&__twitter_impression=true

Interesting.. 

4 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

I’m thinking something along the lines of you buy the new shirt and when the following seasons shirt is released, you can take the old one back for ‘recycling’ and in turn get a discount off the new shirt.

The fact that it will be ‘innovative’ is quite believable given the work the corporate side of the club has been involved in over the last season ie 5G bids, Season Ticket contactless payments, various partnerships setup etc. But it does indicate that we will not have a mainstream manufacturer.

as said before UA have done alright by us, the kits and training gear is high quality, but if it brings in more monies to change so be it.

The kit looks quality but the colours for me look off (purple and sky blue). Maybe from just seeing the team on TV. Be a shame if we lost UA though. Always thought the UA marketing/media with the players kits and launch etc looked very good, compared to even some premiership teams.

8 hours ago, Sam3773 said:

A new technical partner, does that presumably mean a new kit maker if under armour are gone? 

What could be ground breaking about a kit maker... maybe they aren’t a sports brand and that’s why they’re calling them a technical partner. Hmm, all very interesting. If it brings in some serious cash all is well!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Sam3773 said:

My guess is the manufacturer will be just that, and season ticket holders have a greater say over kit styles and choices. Maybe even design some themselves. 

A "The Emperor's new clothes" style thing where there actually isn't any kit?

But rather due to new technique an 3-d image of the kit is projected onto the players. Like we will do with the advertising boards at the stadium next season.

Sure, it will only work for those watching on the telly, but in modern football that's who counts anyway :)

The fan replicas will be available for download on the Villa site and on Steam

I fully expect any "innovation" to be the same as other football kit "innovation" which is trying to convince you that a kit made of POLYESTER has some kind of miraculous technology inside it that's worth you paying £60 quid for an item made of the cheapest nastiest clothing material known to man that costs about 50p to make in a foreign sweat shop. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I fully expect any "innovation" to be the same as other football kit "innovation" which is trying to convince you that a kit made of POLYESTER has some kind of miraculous technology inside it that's worth you paying £60 quid for an item made of the cheapest nastiest clothing material known to man that costs about 50p to make in a foreign sweat shop. 

Well that’s brought me back down to Earth, I was dreaming of high tech kits where Jack Grealish had body armour and Terry had a cyber suit to let him run again.

Edited by alreadyexists

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Well that’s brought me back down to Earth, I was dreaming of high tech kits where Jack Grealish had body armour and Terry had a cyber suit to let him run again.

You absolutely will....... They will just be made of polyester. 

100%

• Haha 1

They talk about the agreement being innovative and ground breaking for football. Maybe our manufacturer will be Li-Ning and they'll also be our shirt sponsor, so we have a sort of double deal with them so we can justify the 100 million pounds a season deal.

3 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

They talk about the agreement being innovative and ground breaking for football. Maybe our manufacturer will be Li-Ning and they'll also be our shirt sponsor, so we have a sort of double deal with them so we can justify the 100 million pounds a season deal.

LOL!

Whens the sponsorship up for renewal anyway?

Â