Villa Kit 2018-19

a m ole

13 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I'd heard a few weeks ago that UA have been trying to negotiate their way out of the deal since the back end of last season when when it became apparent we weren't going straight back up.

I can't say I remember something like this happening between a big club and a big brand in the past.

That's not great then. 

Guess it's a sign of things to come if we remain in this league then. 

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a relatively unknown Chinese company who pay an FFP-busting sum of money.

No ITK on this one, but trying to think of a positive outcome given our situation.

Li Ning are the obvious candidates 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li-Ning

Li-Ning Company Limited is a Chinese company which makes athletic shoes and sporting goods. The company endorses a number of athletes and teams, both in China and around the world.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

UA MUST be looking at us as small fry. Can't say I have been impressed with the kits anyways but seems odd to me.

I'd say they want to spend their money on teams that get more exposure (i.e. premier league teams) rather than one stuck in the championship. The purple UA home kits are terrible, the away's have been good especially this seasons one. 

Thinking about it, perhaps the club knew this for a while. There have been a few ‘flash’ sales on UA gear since Christmas. Perhaps the replacement is already signed up?

4 minutes ago, deeps said:

Thinking about it, perhaps the club knew this for a while. There have been a few ‘flash’ sales on UA gear since Christmas. Perhaps the replacement is already signed up?

It needs to be or we're in deep shit.

Next season's kits should have been done a year ago.

Can anyone mock the new nike vapour template up in a proper claret with  blue shoulders and lines in a slightly different shade of blue so they are more visible than on the new england kit?

Cant say i would be averse to that idea from the image in my head..

Having umbro create a newly updated version of the mitre copiers 1992 kit with the laces and yellow away kit would also be extremely cool for me personally - a celebration of the 1890 and early 1900's kits!

I wonder how bad a proposition for a premium kit supplier we really are ? At the time I thought getting UA was a bit of a coup, they also seemed to put a lot of effort into the kit so it's a shame that it doesn't appear to have worked out.

I'm not at all certain this is anything to do with us not getting promoted, as realistically we could still be in the Premier League next season, hopefully the previous speculation of an FFP busting deal with a Chinese company has legs.

Apparently UA’s stock has dropped nearly 70% since 2015. They also have come under some criticism due to their support of Trump and the NRA. 

With them doing the same with São Paulo (ending a deal early) perhaps they are doing this across the board. 

The other rumours are that the profit margins for the UA gear isn’t great (for the club). 

Could be many factors but trying to see some reasons why Villa were happy to walk away. Shame as I could see us getting more training range if we got promoted. 

Wonder if Southampton will get the same treatment?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a relatively unknown Chinese company who pay an FFP-busting sum of money.

No ITK on this one, but trying to think of a positive outcome given our situation.

That would be my guess.

5 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

This.

I don't care if the claret looks pink and the blue looks lime. We need all the money we can get to get out of this division. 

Edited by Junxs

Â