Lewis Grabban

KJT123

18 minutes ago, Eastie said:

In fairness he was feeding off scraps and was well marshalled by United - I’d expect to see him far more involved against burton and blues 

I think its become obvious this season that Hogan isn't the sort of player that can thrive with little support. 

He improved form coincides with Grealish coming back into the team and a more attacking approach. 

That wasn't possible yesterday due to how UTD played so Hogan again looked lost. That isn't a criticism, he is a player for certain games, as will be the case with Grabban (and any other player)

FWIW, Yesterday probably would have suited Grabban perfectly. 

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

12 goals for a dogshit Sunderland team in 1/2 a season isn't too bad. Plus, it's better than signing nobody.

I hate stats, but anyone scoring 12 goals for Sunderland atm must be half decent. They are absolutely terrible. 

Even if he scores relatively few but he’s the difference between us winning 3-4 games, that’s 9-12 points which could be the difference between 2nd and 4th.

God, I want that automatic place so much, can’t be bothered with the lottery of the play offs. 

2 minutes ago, supermon said:

Don't forget we bought Hogan in January (I think) and he didn't fire an all cylinders. Hope he does though, keeping myself grounded, it is Aston Villa at the end of the day

Hogan couldn't handle the pressure of the big money move. A few missed chances and an injury and he turned to shit.

I don't think Grabban has anything to prove. He is 30 years old and just wants to play football. He also managed to bang in goals at Sunderland where expectation is high even though they doing so poorly, The atmosphere must be toxic at the stadium of light. 

I think he will hit the ground running, 

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

I was surprised to see he is 30 yrs old to be honest but he is still quick .

Linford Christie was 32 when he won an Olympic 100m gold.  He's probably not hit his prime yet! 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Hogan needs to do more. He touched the ball 13 times yesterday and I thought he was actually more involved than usual. 

Yes but we had resorted to lumping it up to him in the air again and putting in lots of poor crosses. No coincidence that Hourihane and the wingers drop their standards and Hogan looks lost again. Wasn't helped by the ref mind who flagged every minor push or shove from him and ignored any offence against him. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yes but we had resorted to lumping it up to him in the air again and putting in lots of poor crosses. No coincidence that Hourihane and the wingers drop their standards and Hogan looks lost again. Wasn't helped by the ref mind who flagged every minor push or shove from him and ignored any offence against him. 

Then it was probably a game better suited for Davis.

Shef United pressed really well to be fair. Suprised they kept that intensity all game. 

He would appear to be a sensible signing at this moment in time. He has a good pedigree at this level and we are very light of fit forwards at the moment. There are no guarantees on any signing being successful as we have seen in the past, but he appears to know how to put the ball in the net so fingers crossed he will turn out a good signing and help fire us to an auto promotion spot if he comes.

34 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Linford Christie was 32 when he won an Olympic 100m gold.

Indeed and there was nothing suspicious about it, or his association with the famed balco lab either. He should have been knighted. 

Â