Lewis Grabban

KJT123

37 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I am pleased with this. 

I don't think he is necessarily 'better' than Davis at what Davis does, or even Hogan for that matter, but he is different.

From what i have seen (admittedly on youtube) he seems to have a bit of both about him. He is neither a out and out striker or a target man. 

I think he could compliment what with already have perfectly. 

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Oh and he has something we severely lack at times - pace. 

I’m no expert but I’ve seen him a bit live and in highlights on tv etc., and he seems very quick. Great news.

He also seems to have a habit of being in the right place at the right time which for any position is an attribute.

Just now, av1 said:

From what i have seen (admittedly on youtube) he seems to have a bit of both about him. He is neither a out and out striker or a target man. 

I think he could compliment what with already have perfectly. 

I think that too - a bit of everything to his game and not a target man or poacher but a mixture of the two . 

55 minutes ago, villa89 said:

So we can't bring in januzaj?

Needed a striker and we got one. Let's hope he isn't shit and he can fire us to 2nd in the league. 

Well actually...:P

We could bring in Januzaj, but one of our loanees would be unavailable for the match day squad, for which there is a limit of 5.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I’m no expert but I’ve seen him a bit live and in highlights on tv etc., and he seems very quick. Great news.

He also seems to have a habit of being in the right place at the right time which for any position is an attribute.

I'm no expert either but when i have seen him (grand total of like 3 times so take with a pinch of salt) he has looked quick, strong, nice knack of being in the right place as highlighted above but also the ability to be completely anonymous. I don't know about lazy, as I've never been a 'fan' it's not something I will have looked for. 

He's a championship striker, but he's a good one. We hope. And if it doesn't work out we're lucky to have another couple of good ones already on the books. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think he should start. Hogan still doesn't do enough and Davis doesn't score goals.

Wouldn’t be too surprised to him starting soon if hogan hits a bad patch - hogan has the shirt for now but grabban will put serious pressure on him to perform 

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

Wouldn’t be too surprised to him starting soon if hogan hits a bad patch - hogan has the shirt for now but grabban will put serious pressure on him to perform 

Hogan needs to do more. He touched the ball 13 times yesterday and I thought he was actually more involved than usual. 

16 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think he should start. Hogan still doesn't do enough and Davis doesn't score goals.

I think it would send out the wrong message to drop Hogan immediately. 

Give him half hour for a couple of weeks and if he shows more quality he will naturally take the spot . 

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Hmmm..

Haven't watched him enough to really have an opinion. 

Hope he is as good as you all seen to think he is.

12 goals for a dogshit Sunderland team in 1/2 a season isn't too bad. Plus, it's better than signing nobody.

Â