Lewis Grabban

KJT123

I dont know much about him but he has goals and experience. After Hogan its Davis.. so its an improvement on Davis at this stage. McCormack get a look in if he tries hard in training.. weve got the fire power for promotion. 

Thinking about it I am gonna go ahead and withdraw this concern "That and I am not sure his work rate is going to fit into this high tempo team" thats bollocks I was getting from Sunderland fans. I just rewatched the Villa /Sunderland highlights and it reminded me. Grabben was good that game, he worked plenty hard. I have changed my mind. Assuming his attitude is good I think he will be a fine addition.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

34 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

With everyone fit up front it's looking good:

Kodjia

Hogan

McCormack

Agbonlahor

Davis

Grabban

We should be able to rip up this division. :D

Id we had kodjia now without question for me are going up. But he is out for the season that i am sure of. He has played little football in over a year i cant see him being efefctive even if he did manage to come back for last few games. gabby is finished here i think now same with mccormack. i think our four strikers will hogan grabban, davis and RHM. if the latter gets a notehr injury then gabby will take the 4th striking position  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pacbuddies said:

With everyone fit up front it's looking good:

Kodjia

Hogan

McCormack

Agbonlahor

Davis

Grabban

We should be able to rip up this division. :D

FYP. We have those 3 strikers, the rest won't be contributing for various reasons, namely bones made of talc, booze, retired.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

You said it in the match thread too TRO :)

Blimey VM .....I forgot about that post.

......but I think its good signing.....He will score goals at this  level.

The thing is players dip in and out of form and it depends when we are watching them.

as an example look at Alberts form compared with a few weeks ago.

fingers crossed, good signing.

Edited by TRO

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don't think we need to be worried about attitude or work rate.

If we had signed him permanently it might have been a different story but as a loan he is effectively in the shop window for what could be his last long term contract. 

Plus if we do get promoted he won't be good enough for the premier league and we won't be stuck with him. It's a good loan for both parties.

Edited by villa89
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don't think we need to be worried about attitude or work rate.

If we had signed him permanently it might have been a different story but as a loan he is effectively in the shop window for what could be his last long term contract. 

Definately. It's a nae danger signing.

10 hours ago, Tayls said:

I tried not to LOL at this whist in bed in order to not wake the wife. Instead I did a really shit pretend cough which clearly sounded like I was covering up LOLing... 

And not 1 like to show for it.. <_< yet, Thor Grabanorak got **** a billion.. 

you people make me sick. 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Id we had kodjia now without question for me are going up. But he is out for the season that i am sure of. He has played little football in over a year i cant see him being efefctive even if he did manage to come back for last few games. gabby is finished here i think now same with mccormack. i think our four strikers will hogan grabban, davis and RHM. if the latter gets a notehr injury then gabby will take the 4th striking position  

If Kodjia was fit I don’t think Villa would have signed Grabban.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I agree with this but I think we are better without Kodjia anyway.

• Confused 1

Never really been that big of a fan and he has surprised me with the amount of goals he scored this season. Saying that, if before the Sheff Utd game you would have said we are getting a striker who has scored 12 goals in the Champ this season on loan with no commitment to buy then I would have bitten your hands off.  When is the last time he played a game?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

Never really been that big of a fan and he has surprised me with the amount of goals he scored this season. Saying that, if before the Sheff Utd game you would have said we are getting a striker who has scored 12 goals in the Champ this season on loan with no commitment to buy then I would have bitten your hands off.  When is the last time he played a game?

December 

2 minutes ago, withes_shin said:

Any guesses as to what number he will have?

Trivial I know, but now the transfer window has closed, it will keep us occupied till Saturday!

Looks like the lowest number he could have would be 12, and then 18, and then some of the twenties. 

Â