Lewis Grabban

KJT123

1 minute ago, Hornso said:

Welcome Lewis. Got some depth for Hogan & Davis now. Does this now allow McCormack to go to the MLS/whoever in the world wants him?

Once he ‘s taken all his holiday leave, yes, maybe. ;)

Hello Lewis. Please score lots of goals for us.

1 hour ago, VILLAMARV said:

He impressed me that day, i said to my pal, we could do with a player like that.

quite funny that we end up signing him.

......wasn't we talking about Lewis at the start of the month, before Ulloa?

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

I love this signing, not because I know much about this guy but hopefully it has a couple of effects on the team

1) We all knew we needed another striker and so did our rivals, we are on a roll now in the league and now having that extra striker confidence should be higher

2) If he actually comes in and fits in and scores goals that should be enough to get us 2nd spot because our defence is solid, our midfield while not perfect looks good enough for what we need and now we have more goals

3) Other teams around us might be slightly deflated because they knew how strong we were, we are on a roll and now we've added the one thing we needed.....a goal scoring striker.  Sometimes seeing your opposition get stronger weakens yourself

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

Grabba mapusse.

tenor.gif?itemid=5454339

I tried not to LOL at this whist in bed in order to not wake the wife. Instead I did a really shit pretend cough which clearly sounded like I was covering up LOLing... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

He impressed me that day, i said to my pal, we could do with a player like that.

quite funny that we end up signing him.

......wasn't we talking about Lewis at the start of the month, before Ulloa?

You said it in the match thread too TRO :)

On 11/22/2017 at 12:36, TRO said:

Just as an observation......I thought Lewis Grabban aquitted himself well playing on the shoulder of our back four.

I thought he had a goal in him all game.

not to be critical, but in contrast our 2 played much deeper and in my view made it harder for themselves.

if its a striker, we are looking for now, in Jan.....i would consider him.

• Like 3

From the Sunderland thread

On 11/22/2017 at 15:36, Czechlad said:

Grabban is a good player. His movement was great. I think Sunderland can stay up if they get someone to feed Grabban chances. Problem is Sunderland won't buy anyone new. 

Not his biggest fan to be honest. I think he behaved a bit poorly at Sunderland and if Coleman's comments about him are anything to go by he maybe a bit of a poor influence in the dressing room. That and I am not sure his work rate is going to fit into this high tempo team.

Still he is here and will hopefully make my concerns look ridiculous,  so welcome. 

17 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Not his biggest fan to be honest. I think he behaved a bit poorly at Sunderland and if Coleman's comments about him are anything to go by he maybe a bit of a poor influence in the dressing room. That and I am not sure his work rate is going to fit into this high tempo team.

Still he is here and will hopefully make my concerns look ridiculous,  so welcome. 

Would you want to stay at Sunderland with players that don't give a shit? I don't blame him

• Like 1

Â