Match Thread: Sheff Utd v Villa

limpid

Well the laundry lady will be happy with that......all white shorts coming off.

They need to be putting more effort in than that.

poor workrate for me....They need put the deck chairs away.

too slow....reactive as opposed to proactive.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

If we get anything, it will be a bit of magic from Grealish, a set piece or something from a Elmo cross. Really awful game, referee is useless too. I'd take a point right now. Need to be careful the ref would look to send some one off I think.

Just now, av1 said:

As much as i like Hogan, i think Davis is probably more suited to tonight the way the game is going..

The problem is that hogan might score whereas Davis makes emile heskey look prolific.

Do we stick or twist here?

A win would be massive - change it up early and try to get more control of the ball or trust that we can carry on defending as we are and take advantage of the chance when it comes.

Bruce is pretty much the latter approach to the core. Don't expect any changes.

What annoys me more than anything is, game after game, we're constantly out fought and the opposition always put in more effort. Our position in the league is because we have a more talented squad than most but if it came down to effort/passion then we'd be relegation candidates. We are so often lazy and just waiting for a teammate to do something impressive rather than hustling and actually working. 

Watch this second half, SU will be closing us down, busting a gut to tackle or reach a loose ball. We'll stroll, watch and stand off. Put some bloody effort in!

8 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

We are well and truly blowing the chance to really lay down a marker tonight. We get so close and then...bottle it. Everytime.

What about that corner we've turned? Surely we're not going to have to go back the other way, again?

• Like 1