Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

maybe we have had an offer for Chester and we want a replacement before he leaves?  Solid player that would strengthen many teams with relegation worries in the Prem.

Sucks but we are in The Championship and every player has a price.

Might be happening!

On his way to B6?

"He needs to play" - Aston Villa transfer target ALLOWED to leave

Aston Villa transfer news includes the latest on Steve Bruce's loan target

By

Alex Dicken

09:19, 16 JAN 2018

ASTON VILLA'S CHARGE TOWARDS PROMOTION CONTINUES

Get Aston Villa FC updates directly to your inbox

+ Subscribe

Jose Mourinho will allow Aston Villa transfer target Axel Tuanzebe to depart Manchester United on loan this month.

Tuanzebe, 20, is understood to be on manager Steve Bruce’s January wishlist as the Villa boss looks to bolster his options ahead of the Championship promotion run-in.

The defender - who can also play in midfield - has played eight times for United across the last two seasons under Mourinho and made his Champions League debut towards the end of last year in a 2-1 victory over CSKA Moscow.

Tuanzebe was left out of Man United’s 3-0 win over Stoke City last night and also missed the under-23s’ 4-0 defeat at Arsenal.

And Mourinho is happy for him to leave on a temporary deal this month. He said: “I want a squad of 22 players, maybe because I want to make the kid a good player, and I am not giving him [Tuanzebe] the chances I am giving to Scott McTominay because he [Tuanzebe] plays in a position where I have so many players.

“I am not giving the opportunities to Axel so probably Axel is the only one that I open the door for him to go and play because I believe he is a really good talent and he needs to play.”

• Thanks 1

I think he's being earmarked as a DCM. Yes, I know it's not been his prime position, but maybe Man Utd would like to see him try it out in another team to see how he gets on there? 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, S-Platt said:

maybe we have had an offer for Chester and we want a replacement before he leaves?  Solid player that would strengthen many teams with relegation worries in the Prem.

Sucks but we are in The Championship and every player has a price.

This would be a stupid move for so many reasons I can't even bother to list them.

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This would be a stupid move for so many reasons I can't even bother to list them.

Selling Chester would be goodbye to promotion. Noway on earth would we sell chester unless it was something stupid like 40m which isnt going to happen

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Selling Chester would be goodbye to promotion. Noway on earth would we sell chester unless it was something stupid like 40m which isnt going to happen

I feel an offer of half that might tempt the club to sell but as you say it would be promotional suicide.

18 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

Axel Tuanzebe will sign for #AVFC on loan before the end of the month. United feel its a good place for him to learn, just waiting on assessment of condition to Eric Bailly. Could be done by the end of the week.

Ah yes, as opposed to after the window closes.

#ITK

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Ah yes, as opposed to after the window closes.

#ITK

Threw the "could be done by the end of the week" in there just to cover his arse if it happens sooner ;) 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Can he play right back? We badly need another one.

I disgaree elmo has done well there. id consider letting da laet go if a good offer comes in. hutton might get a one year deal. bree has a lot of potential but should be loaned out. maybe barnsley might take him back. 

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He's not going to be getting much exposure at centre half here, he will be back up. I wonder if he can play elsewhere?

It would depend on what Brucies plan is for the run in?

I don't think we will be selling Chester (unless a stupid offer has been tabled that we are unaware of?) So on the basis that he is staying I would have my money on Elphick if anyone out the central defence was to leave.

As for Tuanzebe, I'd imagine Mourinho could set a condition clause that this lad will be featuring in the first team?

So as for the DCM positiom, We have heard that Thor may be the one who will be leaving from this position.

With Tuanzebe being versatile in both positions of DC/DCM I would say he will be utilised where needed flitting between these 2 positions in the run in and featuring in the first XI in many of the remaining games.

In effect, we could to afford to let both Thor & Elphick leave.

Top marks to the club on this one, Even if it is just a loan. :thumb:  

(Hope we've be cheeky and sneaked in a option to buy at the end of the season).

Edited by AvfcRigo82

20 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It would depend on what Brucies plan is for the run in?

I don't think we will be selling Chester (unless a stupid offer has been tabled that we are unaware of?) So on the basis that he is staying I would have my money on Elphick if anyone out the central defence was to leave.

As for Tuanzebe, I'd imagine Mourinho could set a condition clause that this lad will be featuring in the first team?

So as for the DCM positiom, We have heard that Thor may be the one who will be leaving from this position.

With Tuanzebe being versatile in both positions of DC/DCM I would say he will be utilised where needed flitting between these 2 positions in the run in and featuring in the first XI in many of the remaining games.

In effect, we could to afford to let both Thor & Elphick leave.

Top marks to the club on this one, Even if it is just a loan. :thumb:  

(Hope we've be cheeky and sneaked in a option to buy at the end of the season).

They won’t be selling him.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I've never heard of this guy, how is it that people have such strong opinions on him?

Do we really have that many people on here closely following Man Utd's U23 side?!

I'm pretty sure he's made a handful of appearances in the Premier League and looked alright.

Not sure there's much other than that to go by, granted.

• Like 1

Â