The Video Assistant Referee (VAR)

Stevo985

Just now, a m ole said:

Again, insane to overturn that.

What the **** are they doing?

I thought that was a soft pen. Be fuming if it went against us. 

I think it's a pen - if you take the defender out of the picture completely, make him invisible, I don't think it's physically possible for Saka do make that fall on his own - there's a contact that pushes him over - it's a foul.

These are the ones that really annoy you, the ones where VAR helps make the wrong decision. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Then Maguire post match complained that decisions always go against united. 

Couldn't write this shit. 

Yes, the irony was not lost on me as I announced it to my disinterested wife. 

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Do you think the Var officials look out for the officials on the pitch even when there is a glaring error, such as the Brighton game today, from the side angle you can clearly see the ball is in the goal before the second whistle.

So it makes me wonder if Stockley are looking after their own. 

3 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Do you think the Var officials look out for the officials on the pitch even when there is a glaring error, such as the Brighton game today, from the side angle you can clearly see the ball is in the goal before the second whistle.

So it makes me wonder if Stockley are looking after their own. 

Anyone that doesn't see that the refs are covering up for each other and deliberately misinterpreting rules to justify the decision that was taken simply isn't paying attention.

They could fix matches more easily than ever these days. I still think it's more likely just a combination of incompetence and an old boys club, but I view most major decisions with distrust now.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

https://streamye.com/v4dmp

Blatantly gets the ball (final angle)

My favourite part of this is the British commentators having know idea why the FK was given and speculating that Welbeck may have somehow been offside.

No worries lads, it's just your **** job to know about the sport.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I guess the justification is he can only get the ball by going through the back of his leg at the same time.  I'm not convinced it was actually the case there but they're not going to overturn it.

He does get the leg but after he gets the ball. We apparently have experts looking at the replays to see that. I saw it once and knew. 

Â