The Video Assistant Referee (VAR)

Stevo985

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

I never said he was a good ref 😉 just better than some of the others like Moss, Oliver and Kevin Friend etc. 

Damning with faint praise! 

couldn’t be happier that it might take Soucek out the next game but that has to be one of the worst decisions VAR has been involved in since it was introduced along with a handful we have had to deal with.

unfortunately that has to be overturned

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, a m ole said:

couldn’t be happier that it might take Soucek out the next game but that has to be one of the worst decisions VAR has been involved in since it was introduced along with a handful we have had to deal with.

unfortunately that has to be overturned

It wouldn't make our top ten.

• Like 1

I think that it will be beneficial for football to finally aim it's criticism at referees and not a video replay. 

Mason or Dean are finally brought centre stage as poor professionals. 

Before we complain about a video replay which can only act as a support for a good referee, we should aim our greviances at the level of officiating which is well below par.

Lines during offsides isn't a VAR problem - it's a problem of stupid officialls making those rules and judgements.

4 minutes ago, AndyClarke said:

There is a foot directly above the last Leicester foot.

Yes, I was aware Firmino's foot is there, but surely it doesn't extend to the blue line?!

FWIW, that's level for me, but that line does look a bit dodgy.

Just had a long review of a Harry Maguire penalty, quite a long look, got the ref over to the screen who then overruled his own decision. OK, fine, it was a little soft. 

But my point is that it was absolutely clear from the very first frame that Maguire was offside. 

Why the **** go through all that rigmarole and waste all that time.  Just award the offside immediately and get on with the game FFS. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Just had a long review of a Harry Maguire penalty, quite a long look, got the ref over to the screen who then overruled his own decision. OK, fine, it was a little soft. 

But my point is that it was absolutely clear from the very first frame that Maguire was offside. 

Why the **** go through all that rigmarole and waste all that time.  Just award the offside immediately and get on with the game FFS. 

Worryingly they didn’t even seem to consider the offside, so it would’ve been interesting to see what happened if the ref decided it was actually a foul. The correct decision was reached this time so credit for that and they have the benefit of the doubt on the offside call, but it wouldn’t have been the first time we’ve seen one infringement interrogated and another completely ignored.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Then Maguire post match complained that decisions always go against united. 

Couldn't write this shit. 

• Like 2

Â