The Video Assistant Referee (VAR)

Stevo985

No way they’d be getting away with this with fans in the ground there’d be pitch invasions and huge boycotts.

They are so **** brazenly corrupt it’s absolutely **** disgusting.

If that’s the other way around does anyone think they’d even blink before calling offside? What the **** is the linesman even there for?

20 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Being tackled by someone is apparently deliberately playing the ball to them now 

Openly corrupt, full investigation needed.

By the way lads, guess who the VAR was?

Kevin **** Friend.

If by Kevin Friend you mean Andy Madley, then yes, you're correct.

• Haha 1

I hope we set up against Newcastle with Ollie Watkins just sat offside, waiting to tackle their defenders. Just constantly, all game. 

Then, if any offside is ever given, we just walk off and abandon the game. 

• Like 1

Not the first time Jon Moss has created such controversy from idiocy.

Jon Moss was “misguided” in asking for TV assistance when awarding Tottenham their first penalty at Liverpool but called the decision correctly, the Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL) has said.

The referees’ group took the unusual step of explaining the process behind Harry Kane’s missed penalty at Anfield on Sunday after Moss and his assistant, Edward Smart, were recorded debating the legitimacy of the 85th-minute spot-kick. Kane was in an offside position when collecting Dele Alli’s pass but the Liverpool defender Dejan Lovren sliced the ball into the striker’s path before he was brought down by Loris Karius.

Moss was heard on a pitch-side microphone saying: “I have no idea whether Lovren touched the ball to be honest with you. Martin, have you got anything from TV?” He then added: “I’m giving the penalty.” The TV question was to Martin Atkinson but, with VAR not in use in the Premier League, Moss has accepted he was wrong to request outside help via the fourth official.

On 21/01/2021 at 16:52, Keyblade said:

My favorite part of this whole incident is how everyone on Twitter suddenly became IFAB epistemologists.

Admit I’ve gone into it big time kicking off with all the city rocket polishers. Apparently Mings had the ball under control but the exact same incident with Ronaldo, the defender wasn’t controlling it.

either way it’s wrong because it’s about a deliberate act to play the ball. Having it under control doesn’t come into it 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kidlewis said:

Admit I’ve gone into it big time kicking off with all the city rocket polishers. Apparently Mings had the ball under control but the exact same incident with Ronaldo, the defender wasn’t controlling it.

either way it’s wrong because it’s about a deliberate act to play the ball. Having it under control doesn’t come into it 

I've given up. It's so inane trying to argue with these people. 

14 minutes ago, kidlewis said:

It's a bot farm. Don't waste your energy.

20 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I've given up. It's so inane trying to argue with these people. 

It’s so energy sapping I’ll have to stop myself. Just want to chin every one of them.

even the PMOL statement proves they got it wrong. He never ever received the ball from Mings. He tackled him. 

Anything short of 3-0 v Newcastle and I’ll be livid still. Need to improve our GD beyond the 2-0 loss against the lesser Manchester. 

Taking a page from the Tyrone mings criticism that "he should know better" 

Last night was a tight call that the lino got wrong ultimately proved by VAR, that's what it's there for

the baggies need to take a long hard look at themselves, they gave up, stopped playing without a whistle, sawyers in particular (who gave up on everything the lazy bastard) they should know that VAR will review it so just keep playing, I assume that's what the ref knew so let play continue 

VAR used to rectify a mistake that's very easy to make rather than her using it to do her job for her, got no problem with that 

Got no issue with what the officials did for that goal, it was all on the baggies 

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Taking a page from the Tyrone mings criticism that "he should know better" 

Last night was a tight call that the lino got wrong ultimately proved by VAR, that's what it's there for

the baggies need to take a long hard look at themselves, they gave up, stopped playing without a whistle, sawyers in particular (who gave up on everything the lazy bastard) they should know that VAR will review it so just keep playing, I assume that's what the ref knew so let play continue 

VAR used to rectify a mistake that's very easy to make rather than her using it to do her job for her, got no problem with that 

Got no issue with what the officials did for that goal, it was all on the baggies 

Apart from that the linespeople are instructed to leave their flags down for marginal calls, which a play that was actually proven to be onside obviously must've been.

However the players are also instructed to play to the whistle not the flag, though it will still require more time to re-train that mindset.

Errors on both sides, but ultimately nothing wrong with the goal.

Â