Dishwasher debate: Load knives and forks up or down

Tegis

So, a bit bored here but I was emptying the dishwasher at work and the cutlery was all over the place. Whats the correct procedure here?

Over to the VT fountain of knowledge (aka, how does one wipe ones arse)

Never had a dishwasher so can't comment!

Always thought they were a bit of a luxury item. Probably more for the middle classes?

Just now, lapal_fan said:

Forks and knives up you dirty really bad people. 

And before people say "but it cuts me" - then you're a stupid idiot.  It doesn't clean stuff which is hiding and all bunched up, upside down. 

you’re putting too many in then!

• Like 1

Place into bowl of water with washing up liquid, wipe clean, place in rack to dry, wipe with tea towel, place in drawer. Orientation doesn't much matter*.

*Has never owned a dishwasher, has been used as a dishwasher and been related to people known to wash dishes from time to time, and hates the way dishwashers make glass feel

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Place into bowl of water with washing up liquid, wipe clean, place in rack to dry, wipe with tea towel, place in drawer. Orientation doesn't much matter*.

*Has never owned a dishwasher, has been used as a dishwasher and been related to people known to wash dishes from time to time, and hates the way dishwashers make glass feel

Never had a dishwasher in my life and I sell the bloody things. 

Plastic bowl and elbow grease FTW.

3 minutes ago, a m ole said:

you’re putting too many in then!

You know those little holes in the utensil tray which don't fit anything in them, because you're jamming the BIG end of the utensil in them?

They're for the handles of the utensils you gorilla! :lol:  

21 minutes ago, Tegis said:

So, a bit bored here but I was emptying the dishwasher at work and the cutlery was all over the place. Whats the correct procedure here?

Over to the VT fountain of knowledge (aka, how does one wipe ones arse)

Let's keep these things as separate threads.  It would be a bad move to get confused and use the former procedure on the latter operation.

• Haha 2

Â