Dishwasher debate: Load knives and forks up or down

Tegis

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

so you guys who have them up, do you like fingerprints on the mouth end of all your cutlery from taking them out?

Nah, I wash my hands regularly.

• Like 1

Just now, a m ole said:

that’s a lot of trust you have in other people. other people are disgusting.

Hah! Easiest comeback ever: I never use other people’s cutlery, as I don’t have a social life. I win, you’re a loser, nananana.

I also don’t really care about germs that much. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Michelsen said:

Hah! Easiest comeback ever: I never use other people’s cutlery, as I don’t have a social life. I win, you’re a loser, nananana.

Nor me. I have books in the toilet, that are apparently covered in shit. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

so you guys who have them up, do you like fingerprints on the mouth end of all your cutlery from taking them out?

The removable cutlery-holder in my dishwasher means I can pop it on the work surface at a height that allows me to pick all items up properly, without touching the mouth-end.

Your move, @a m ole ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Nor me. I have books in the toilet, that are apparently covered in shit. 

That’s funny. My current toilet book is full of shit (while Hamsun is widely regarded as an all time great, he sure knew how to bore the behayzoos out of the reader). 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

The removable cutlery-holder in my dishwasher means I can pop it on the work surface at a height that allows me to pick all items up properly, without touching the mouth-end.

Your move, @a m ole ;)

Yep, that too. 

Crucially, I use the different compartments to arrange the cutlery so I can pick up all the knives etc in one quick move. My wife ignores this system, quadrupling the time it takes to do the job. She can be such a terrible person. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Your move, @a m ole ;)

I ain’t got time for that!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Neither. They lie horizontally, in a slide-out tray: 

IMG_20180105_152256.jpg

Looks like we've got the same dishwasher!

I have a nightmare with that drawer, as I can never get the spoons to lie side on.  Often when I open the drawer a few have rolled over and are full of dirty water.

Looks like you move yours closer to the middle than I do (I put the handles closer to the outer edges of the drawer) so I'll try that!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michelsen said:

Things being too sterile in your environment can be bad for you.

Eating the odd pot noodle whilst sat on the pooper can help the immune system.

Only the upper classes have luxury items like that ;) 

We usually wash all our cutlery once everyone has finished in the bath.Then just throw all the dishes and all that stuff in the bath water and wash them. Seems the most logical thing to do, plus we are saving on the water. 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

What's the point in washing them, when they're only going to get dirty again? 

Sometimes I'll use a dirty plate, instead of getting a clean one out of the cupboard. It all depends what was on the plate previously though. 

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Sometimes I'll use a dirty plate, instead of getting a clean one out of the cupboard. It all depends what was on the plate previously though. 

And too be honest Ruge, with your history, that could be **** anything.. :lol:  

I once read an account of the Cattlemen's Association of Wyoming in the 1880s, when they had regular huge dinners of steak, chips and beer. They didn't bother with plates, just slapped the grub down on to an oilskin tablecloth. My kind of meal. 

Â