Dishwasher debate: Load knives and forks up or down

Tegis

On 05/01/2018 at 15:14, Brumerican said:

Never had a dishwasher in my life and I sell the bloody things. 

Plastic bowl and elbow grease FTW.

Ever thought of changing career mate? Salesmanship doesn't seem a strong point :P

1 minute ago, av1 said:

Ever thought of changing career mate? Salesmanship doesn't seem a strong point :P

I wouldn't even have one for free and I could quite easily . They are no quicker than doing it yourself and they are shit for the environment.  

14 hours ago, Brumerican said:

I wouldn't even have one for free and I could quite easily . They are no quicker than doing it yourself and they are shit for the environment.  

they’re actually very efficient now. unless you’re super vigilant with the tap, don’t rinse first and wash it all up in one bowl of water (which is disgusting), and keep the water tepid - dishwashers are better if it’s a full load.

4 minutes ago, a m ole said:

they’re actually very efficient now. unless you’re super vigilant with the tap, don’t rinse first and wash it all up in one bowl of water (which is disgusting), and keep the water tepid - dishwashers are better if it’s a full load.

We should switch jobs . I actually believed you for a moment.:D

1 hour ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

The knives you use for eating food, not for preparing food.

Unless you're preparing food wrong I guess.

I generally eat with these, no way am I leaving them pointing up, I have enough cuts to have learned my lesson

p-16972-dubost_lighthorn_24pc_set_multi_

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bickster said:

I generally eat with these, no way am I leaving them pointing up, I have enough cuts to have learned my lesson

Ooooook, look at Mr Bigshot over here.. with his, so called "Knives AND Forks".

Whilst I use a stick I found on the floor outside.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

The knives you use for eating food, not for preparing food.

Unless you're preparing food wrong I guess.

Do they not have ‘standard’ knives and ‘steak knives’ over in Australia? (You’re on Oz, aren’t you?)

17 hours ago, Rob182 said:

Do they not have ‘standard’ knives and ‘steak knives’ over in Australia? (You’re on Oz, aren’t you?)

Have you not seen Crocodile Dundee?  They're given Bowie knives for their 3rd birthday, and just use that until it wears out, and then the Australian gently dies from starvation.

Tis' the circle of life in Stra'lia. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, bickster said:

Cutlery twins!

Although I have the set in cream rather than the rainbow set you have there, Bicks.

• Like 1

Â