VillaTalk Deadpool 2018

Xela

On 27/11/2018 at 21:27, Shropshire Lad said:

Stephen Hillenburg, creator of SpongeBob SquarePants, gone at 57.

I have a bit of an illness when it comes to Spongebob Squarepants. I can't stop it unfortunately. So the theme tune highlights a phrase that I have had problems with since I was very very young. 

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?

I questioned as a child how the expression under the sea didn't refer to be being buried in the ocean floor, surely it is in the sea, not under the sea. It remains with me. Spongebob square pants has me randomly muttering in the sea whenever I hear the theme tune.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I have a bit of an illness when it comes to Spongebob Squarepants. I can't stop it unfortunately. So the theme tune highlights a phrase that I have had problems with since I was very very young. 

I questioned as a child how the expression under the sea didn't refer to be being buried in the ocean floor, surely it is in the sea, not under the sea. It remains with me. Spongebob square pants has me randomly muttering in the sea whenever I hear the theme tune.

When you stand on a beach, and look at the sea - you're looking at the sea.  To say "under the sea" isn't wrong if you refer to "the sea" as you are looking at the surface of it. 

51 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

When you stand on a beach, and look at the sea - you're looking at the sea.  To say "under the sea" isn't wrong if you refer to "the sea" as you are looking at the surface of it. 

So you are saying the sea is merely the surface. So if I am swimming in the sea, is it expected that my head or a foot breaks the surface, and if that is the case at what point do I stop becoming in the sea and become, under the sea?

Under the sea means under the surface of the sea, but as a ten year old we didnt have google. It stuck with me.

12 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

So you are saying the sea is merely the surface. So if I am swimming in the sea, is it expected that my head or a foot breaks the surface, and if that is the case at what point do I stop becoming in the sea and become, under the sea?

Under the sea means under the surface of the sea, but as a ten year old we didnt have google. It stuck with me.

omg shurrup dork! 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Seat68 said:

The other week I spent a good 10 minutes trying to explain, with diagrams, to a girl from work that the channel tunnel is under the sea, not through the middle of it.  She couldn't quite get the idea that there is land under the sea you can dig through. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Michelsen said:

That’s 2/5 for me.

Same.

Bush & Hawking. 

If only Mugabe could croak it, I reckon I could win this. 

On 06/01/2018 at 19:05, welnik said:

Ok, for the first time ever;

Phil the Greek

Kirk Douglas

That great Englishman.... Gazza

Robert Rhubarbie (or his friend Canan Banana)

George Bush snr

Cheers Nick

Only taken eleven months!  Off the mark. 

Cheers Nick 

7 hours ago, Jon said:

Paul Sherwen

Former cyclist and renowned commentator.

Glad someone mentioned him. Takes me back to old Channel 4 coverage with him and Phil Liggitt (sp). Top road man too - saw him win National Road Race Champs at Newport (Shrops). Must have looked after his money really well as he had acquired substantial mining interests in Africa. A good friend of mine was a pro mechanic and worked with him on one of his teams. Said he was first class bloke and pretty intelligent too. RIP.

• Like 1