VillaTalk Deadpool 2018

Xela

1 hour ago, GingerCollins29 said:

This thread is wrong on so many levels. What is actually wrong with you all?

I've got a dead pool going with the missus, her daughter, and daughters fella.

Because of Doug Ellis, I'm currently winning the £40 pot :flag:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Apparently a couple of days ago John Bluthal AKA Frank Pickle, the minute taker from The Vicar of Dibley, gone at 89.

Ah, I remember him mainly for being in the Spike Milligan "Q" series.

And for "Never Mind The Quality, Feel The Width".

25 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Director Nic Roeg gone at 90.

Some absolutely iconic movies to his name.

Just had a look at his back catalogue, those opening handful of films he worked on are very iconic. 

Having said that, looking through his films the thing I’m immediately reminded of is when I first saw “Castaway” (1986) with a 24 year old Amanda Donohoe walking around naked for 90% of the film.

4 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Just had a look at his back catalogue, those opening handful of films he worked on are very iconic. 

Having said that, looking through his films the thing I’m immediately reminded of is when I first saw “Castaway” (1986) with a 24 year old Amanda Donohoe walking around naked for 90% of the film.

I'll raise you a 17 year old Jenny Agutter strolling about the outback naked in Walkabout

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, bickster said:

I'll raise you a 17 year old Jenny Agutter strolling about the outback naked in Walkabout

It did cross my mind, but I thought we might be entering dubious territory.

If Roeg had directed her in “Logan’s Run” and included a similar scene then I’d have said that.

Magician Ricky Jay :(

Most well known for really good card magic he also had a bizarre ability to throw cards extremely hard and accurately - notably being able to pierce a watermelon from ten paces. Later became more of an historian of magic as well making a few movie appearances.

3 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Italian director Bernardo Bertolucci, gone at 77.

I'll be forever thankful to him for making me realise that my toast wasn't the only enjoyable place to put butter.

Edited by Designer1

Just now, Designer1 said:

I'll be forever thankful to him for making me realise that my toast wasn't the most enjoyable place to put butter.

I'm telling Susan of you 😋

• Haha 1