VillaTalk Deadpool 2018

Xela

23 hours ago, veloman said:

Wah Wah Watson passed away a couple of days ago. Possibly an 'aquired taste' and probably not very well known; but if you liked PFunk, Parliament et al then he was up there (IMO).An example herehttps://youtu.be/Fqfg4Ivamyg. Probably with 'The Mother Ship' now .

They'll all have heard this one

and probably this one

Hell of a guitarist!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, maqroll said:

Whitey Bulger, found dead in his prison cell, aged 89.

Nothing is ever cut and dried with Bulger. He was transferred to a new prison today and was murdered inside. Street justice was always going to be the appropriate justice for him. Curious to find out if the killer is linked to anyone in Boston.

13 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Nothing is ever cut and dried with Bulger. He was transferred to a new prison today and was murdered inside. Street justice was always going to be the appropriate justice for him. Curious to find out if the killer is linked to anyone in Boston.

Was jumped by 3 guys who beat him with a lock in a sock and tried to gouge his eyes out with a shiv (apparently something Murder Inc used to do back in the 40's to snitches)

On ‎30‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 20:12, sne said:

Was jumped by 3 guys who beat him with a lock in a sock and tried to gouge his eyes out with a shiv (apparently something Murder Inc used to do back in the 40's to snitches)

He was unrecognizable apparently ?

He was a mean prick, got what was coming to him in the end. 

alcatraz-james-whitey-bulger-1500x850.jpg

whitey.jpg

17 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

He had a damn good innings, but I'd be gutted if he died at 1000. ****. 

You still put him in your 5 though ?

You  and one other had him this year, Chindie didn't put him because he thought he'd die and didn't want that to happen and Xela, considered him but decided against

56 minutes ago, bickster said:

You still put him in your 5 though ?

You  and one other had him this year, Chindie didn't put him because he thought he'd die and didn't want that to happen and Xela, considered him but decided against

I think it might be the first time I've got one! 

• Thanks 1

Stan Lee going is gutting.

It was a good bet he would go this year - obviously there was his age, but he's been increasingly frail in the last few years, and then his wife died last year which usually speeds the death of the surviving partner at that age. And then the last year has had him involved in a case against a manager who was allegedly taking advantage of him. Supposedly Stan (and his daughter) were known for never meeting a conman they didn't like.

But even with all that... It's gutting. He's such an influence on pop culture over the last 60 years... He nearly didn't do it, fed up of falling to get anywhere his wife persuaded him to give it one last go and that ultimately gave us Marvel and literally dozens of the most well known characters in comics. By all accounts he was a great man too (excepting the problems with him taking credit solely for many years, which in part lead to the split with Steve Ditko, the artist who defined the early Marvel years).

He'll still be on our screens for years to come. Not only will the films and his cameos obviously be repeated, he filmed a lot of them at a time so a few will still be left I think. And I suspect they'll keep the references to him going, as they should do.

A huge loss :(

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

I am thinking Stan Lee is like when Jackson or Winehouse died for everyone it seemed as if there was collective grief but for me its oh it was that fella that was in a Kevin Smith film. 

That feller that did those comics when I was a kid in the 1960s. 

The recent films and stuff mean zilch. 

• Like 1