Commonwealth Games 2022

villa4europe

There's talk of the bull finding an indoor home in Thinktank. I think that would be a great solution - Thinktank needs a bit of a boost and it would mean the bull gets to stick around and be next the HS2 hub in the future.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

There's talk of the bull finding an indoor home in Thinktank. I think that would be a great solution - Thinktank needs a bit of a boost and it would mean the bull gets to stick around and be next the HS2 hub in the future.

That would be the prefect place really. 

38 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Definitely. Think-tank is so tired now... so many out of date exhibits from the 80s in there. The bull would really work well there and hopefully attract some people in that direction.

11 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Local and Villa-related news:

Alice Kinsella, daughter of Mark Kinsella, and who lives in Sutton Coldfield, just won gold in the women's gymnastics team event.

Was he on the sidelines pointing?

• Like 1

Loved the mens all round individual gymnastics this morning, England with a Gold and Silver and Cyprus getting a deserved bronze.

Both English gymnasts spoke really well after the medal ceremony. 

great to watch 

• Like 1

😞 Just seen a still of it and it looks like the cyclist got a wheel hooked over each side the barrier for a stretch before flipping over it. Unfortunately looks like a lot of children were sitting at the front at that location. Hope they're all ok.

Edited by Lichfield Dean

Went to see the triathlon relay yesterday. Absolutely brilliant fun. Way more people there than I anticipated and the atmosphere was fantastic. Helped that the weather was way better than I expected too

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Went to see the triathlon relay yesterday. Absolutely brilliant fun. Way more people there than I anticipated and the atmosphere was fantastic. Helped that the weather was way better than I expected too

Me too. Boldmere High Street was fantastic, such a great atmosphere and really nice weather too!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Me too. Boldmere High Street was fantastic, such a great atmosphere and really nice weather too!

I was in the park for the running. At first I was annoyed because the part of the route I'd scoped out was apparently ticketed and they sent us on this massive walk up the hill and round the corner to the final stretch of the run. But actually it was worth it because it was basically the final sprint down the hill to the finish so the atmosphere was excellent.

Really enjoyed it

The format really suited it too. It was like 16/17 minutes for each athlete so you were never stood around for too long. Especially after the first leg where the field got string out. By the time the athlete in last went past, the english in first weren't far behind

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

On 31/07/2022 at 10:06, OutByEaster? said:

If the bull is fully waterproof, then outside Thinktank would be better rather than hidden away.   It needs to be in an open square somewhere that people can gather around or just walk by.  A bit of a tourist attraction for locals and others from further away.

51 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

A picture off of the twitters.

Ignoring the slightly Nazi rally vibe, I thought it was quite striking.

spacer.png

On pretty much any scale of anything, it's was pretty impressive 

• Like 1

Â