Commonwealth Games 2022

villa4europe

11 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Brum’s actually alright isn’t it

The whole thing has been brilliant for the city.  National TV has been a tidal wave of positivity about the venues, the crowd, the city, the people, the show, the buildings, the canalside, everything. Breakfast just talked about the number of trees in the city.  A lot of athlete interviews ask them about the city. 

It's been absolutely brilliant for Birmingham and I've a feeling it could be a real turning point for the City. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, sidcow said:

The whole thing has been brilliant for the city.  National TV has been a tidal wave of positivity about the venues, the crowd, the city, the people, the show, the buildings, the canalside, everything. Breakfast just talked about the number of trees in the city.  A lot of athlete interviews ask them about the city. 

It's been absolutely brilliant for Birmingham and I've a feeling it could be a real turning point for the City. 

Yep definitely.  I remember the absolute jizzfest when Manchester had it and I was slightly irked that these games quietly approached with virtually no fan fare.   Now that they're actually here though the reaction has been great and I can see it doing nothing but wonders for the city and it's image. 

• Like 4

Has anyone used their event ticket to use free transport?  How does that work?

Thinking of driving to Cov station tomorrow and getting the train which apparently is in the free transport area.

12 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Thinking of driving to Cov station tomorrow and getting the train which apparently is in the free transport area.

I've only just found this out today. I'm getting the train to the hockey tomorrow so I'll try and use it

One of the games I'm watching tomorrow is Ghana vs Kenya.

They've both played 5 games each so far.

Kenya have scored 1 and conceded 29

Ghana have scored 0 and conceded 50

Just now, Stevo985 said:

0-0 draw.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I got it the wrong way round. It's Kenya who have conceded 50.

And it's only 4 games they've played :D 

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

I was in Brum today it was packed the atmosphere brilliant.  To answer the question people just showed their tickets working the gates who let them through.

If you are on the fence about going in I recommend it 👌

16 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

I was in Brum today it was packed the atmosphere brilliant.  To answer the question people just showed their tickets working the gates who let them through.

If you are on the fence about going in I recommend it 👌

Yeah I'm def going, and my Dad has managed to get me parking in one of the businesses on the closed sections by the stadium.

Managed to soak up the atmosphere in town on Saturday when I was up for the Gymnastics.  Wish I could have chance to go watch events at Smithfield and the NEC but glad I've seen some stuff.

3 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

I did a few train journeys on Monday. Only time I showed my phone was at the gates at New St a few times. They didn't really look, you could probably get away with free travel for 2 weeks with 1 event ticket.

11 hours ago, sidcow said:

Brummies are never one to big the city up, so it needed the outsiders to come in and wax lyrical about it on our behalf! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Brumerican said:

My neighbour said "Alright" under his breath when I said good afternoon to him earlier instead of his usual dismissive grunt.

It's a real carnival atmosphere.

Are we neighbours? 

Â