Commonwealth Games 2022

villa4europe

8 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Ordinary World is such a great song.

They aren't the same without Andy Taylor spiralling around the stage thrashing his guitar though.

"Come undone" one of my favs too,. Can't forget View to a kill either, one of the best Bond themes. 

I'm a fan.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

"Come undone" one of my favs too,. Can't forget View to a kill either, one of the best Bond themes. 

I'm a fan.

I saw them about fifteen years or so back when Andy Taylor rejoined them for a bit and they were incredible live, more like a proper edgy rock band, much more raucous than they sounded on record. They were genuinely excellent.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

It is but I must say, Planet Earth sounded absolutely ace

They are a good band tbf. There's not many that can justifiably say their greatest hits are literally a parade of bangers.

4 minutes ago, Chindie said:

They are a good band tbf. There's not many that can justifiably say their greatest hits are literally a parade of bangers.

Yep, I was hoping for a full set from them tonight 

2 hours ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Yep. Very proud to be a Brummie this evening. Really enjoyed our city taking centre stage and celebrating itself.

Does anyone know if that bull is going to become an attraction? I'd love to see it.

Yeah they said it’s going to get a permanent home in the city centre after the games

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Birmingham did a superb job tonight and this tweet confirms it.

Most good things are you right wing toad. Seriously, knowing Farage disliked it, makes me like it even more.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Has anyone checked if The Rotunda has actually burned down? 

I'd like to check but I ain't allowed in town. You'll need to ask a proppa brummie. Mate ☹️

• Haha 3

Perhaps this isn't the time or thread to say so but seem to be a lot of comments questioning the relevance of the games and the Commonwealths. Sure it is a debate but these games have the highest amount of competitors ever and over a million tickets sold. And in regards to the Commonwealth both Gabon and Togo have joined this year which suggests that this is an organisation that countries still want to be a part of. I suppose they have to write something to get people to care about it.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, meregreen said:

In the pre ceremony filming, Aston Hall was shown, and the presenter said “ behind me is the Holte End, where l watch my team play “. No mention of the sty at all. Nice 😎

Nice one Tim he's from little Aston after all

• Like 1

Â