Commonwealth Games 2022

villa4europe

24 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Remember when we had that thread on here discussing that cult and they all turned up and started defending themselves?

Great time

Oh man! I would've loved that!

I am hearing that the City Council are sacrificing a goat on their stone altar in the mystical dome at the top of the Council House tonight to ask for divine intervention in their quest for the European Athletics Championships.

It's in the bag folks.  Looking forward to welcoming Europe to Brum.

• 5 months later...
1 minute ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I don't know...there are plenty of good places, is on the main concourse of one of the country's busiest stations the wisest choice?

That is my same thought. Good location for number of views, but as the entire reason why New Street was constructed was to create more space in the station (though not any actual increase in rail capacity), this will significantly clutter it up. Couldn't they have found a space in the revamped museum?

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

If they were going to put it at any station it should have been the new Curzon St Station but thats a way off yet I guess

I've a feeling this might be the home till that's build then they'll move it

• 5 months later...

Victoria dropped out of 2026.

Another opportunity for Birmingham to host or the end of the games altogether? 

Strange really because though the games had been a bit down at heel in recent years (hence Birminghams late award) the Birmingham games were considered a huge success. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Victoria dropped out of 2026.

Another opportunity for Birmingham to host or the end of the games altogether? 

Strange really because though the games had been a bit down at heel in recent years (hence Birminghams late award) the Birmingham games were considered a huge success. 

I was just reading about this, something is very wrong with the format if it’s costing so much money to host that it’s not worth it.

link

Organisers had originally estimated the event - hosted across cities including Geelong, Bendigo and Ballarat - would cost A$2.6 billion (£1.4bn; $1.8bn) and the state government had billed it as a boost for the regions.

But now the 12-day tournament was expected to cost more than A$6 billion, Mr Andrews said, adding that the new figure was "more than twice the estimated economic benefit" it would bring to Victoria.

10 hours ago, Genie said:

I was just reading about this, something is very wrong with the format if it’s costing so much money to host that it’s not worth it.

link

Yeah, agree, if the games is going to cost £3 billion, then there is a shit load of corruption going on.

On a different note, Ozzy the bull is in New St. Not officially unveiled yet, but nice to see. 

Will be unveiled next week, i believe

IMG-7284.jpg

Edited by Xela

1 minute ago, Xela said:

On a different note, Ozzy the bull is in New St. Not officially unveiled yet, but nice to see. 

IMG-7284.jpg

Just waiting for how long it'll take "one of them lot up the road" to try and paint his nose blue 🙄

3 hours ago, Xela said:

IMG-7284.jpg

Where is he now and what's under that sheet? 

Â