• John Terry
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Neil Warnock
    • Aitor Karanka
    • Claude Puel
    • Carlos Carvalhal
    • Other (please state)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/17 at 06:08

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Nice to be linked to managers but this guy has only just took the job in France! You think he about to move his family to England after just shifting them from Austria to France. 

Wont somebody think of the children!! 

Thought about them. 

Here's £10k more per week and £1m when you fail. 

Cheers 

• Thanks 1

One of the worst aspects of football is clubs being found talking to prospective new managers without having got rid of the old one.

No class, no style, no self-respect, no consideration nor empathy.  Who would want to be that manager?

Just poor, really.

4 minutes ago, peterms said:

One of the worst aspects of football is clubs being found talking to prospective new managers without having got rid of the old one.

No class, no style, no self-respect, no consideration nor empathy.  Who would want to be that manager?

Just poor, really.

They earn millions. Who cares? (Apart from you of course.

9 minutes ago, peterms said:

Just poor, really.

Aany other time.. yeah.

But it's Steve Bruce mate..

27 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Nice to be linked to managers but this guy has only just took the job in France! You think he about to move his family to England after just shifting them from Austria to France. 

When you word it like that..

..Rafa's only up the road!

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

When you word it like that..

..Rafa's only up the road!

So is Smith. I know he ain't no Rafa or a big name but the way he got his Brentford team playing against us twice has blown me away.

I actually want to watch Brentford again to see if it wasnt a one off and also because of how impressed I've been.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

So is Smith. I know he ain't no Rafa or a big name but the way he got his Brentford team playing against us twice has blown me away.

I actually want to watch Brentford again to see if it wasnt a one off and also because of how impressed I've been.

Get's my vote too.

54 minutes ago, peterms said:

Just poor, really.

Would you then bash the club for not having a replacement lined up if we were to sack Bruce? 

It's the way things work nowadays. 

• Like 2

There was a guy who was at Watford who said selling clubs were peed off if clubs bid for their players without tapping them up first. They would much rather other clubs sound out their target and get a feel for if there was interest in a move (plenty don't want to move). Clubs would rather their player be tapped up through agents than a public approach or doing it via the correct channels and causing more unrest than simply asking an agent if they'd be interested. It makes sense to me.

In this day and age I would think every single manager would expect their club to put the feelers out about a replacement if they aren't up to scratch. Managers and clubs do it with nearly all players. 

Edited by Wezbid
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, peterms said:

Just poor, really.

It may be poor, but the link isn't from villa, it's apparently from his agent.  Getting him higher money and higher profile is the agents job. Empathy is far down the list of priorities.  

3 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

It may be poor, but the link isn't from villa, it's apparently from his agent.  Getting him higher money and higher profile is the agents job. Empathy is far down the list of priorities.  

Agents are something else that take the game in a direction I really don't like.  It's all about screwing as much money as you can.

7 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

7 games no wins and 2nd from bottom - if we wait another 2 weeks smith could be sacked and cheaper ;)