• John Terry
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Neil Warnock
    • Aitor Karanka
    • Claude Puel
    • Carlos Carvalhal
    • Other (please state)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/17 at 06:08

15 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

True the table doesn't look good. Still bet they finish above us. 

Good read here on smith and results have got far worse since this article - a look at the brentford forum seems to show quite a few want him gone .

Who is at fault here? Should Dean Smith be sacked already? There is a case for the defence that he only has the players he has. There is a better case for the prosecution that he is neither trying to change things with the players he has, for example bring in youngsters like Jan Halldack, or change the system if his players cannot perform in this system. He also appears unable to motivate his side to perform the kind of work rate that all successful sides do and which we were doing under Lee Carsley. And this is the man in indictment against him.

https://arcticterntalk.org/2016/03/05/the-worst-brentford-performance-i-can-recall-who-is-taking-responsibility/

7 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Good read here on smith and results have got far worse since this article - a look at the brentford forum seems to show quite a few want him gone .

Who is at fault here? Should Dean Smith be sacked already? There is a case for the defence that he only has the players he has. There is a better case for the prosecution that he is neither trying to change things with the players he has, for example bring in youngsters like Jan Halldack, or change the system if his players cannot perform in this system. He also appears unable to motivate his side to perform the kind of work rate that all successful sides do and which we were doing under Lee Carsley. And this is the man in indictment against him.

https://arcticterntalk.org/2016/03/05/the-worst-brentford-performance-i-can-recall-who-is-taking-responsibility/

Interesting and they are the ones that watch them week in week out. Maybe he is not the answer after all.

• Like 1

If anyone is wanting Dean Smith based solely on watching the Brentford v Villa games of this season and last, then you should really watch more of their games to see how they play.

It could feasibly be a case of a team raising they game to play us. (I don't know either way, there's not a particular manager that I want or feel is a standout candidate).

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Rob182 said:

If anyone is wanting Dean Smith based solely on watching the Brentford v Villa games of this season and last, then you should really watch more of their games to see how they play.

It could feasibly be a case of a team raising they game to play us. (I don't know either way, there's not a particular manager that I want or feel is a standout candidate).

They have no wins in 7 this season and on,y one in their last 10 - he does put on more attractive football than Bruce but I don't think he is the man to sort out villa - in fact it's a toss up who gets sacked first between him and Bruce . 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I've just been doing the usual quick bit of research when a new name is mentioned .... Oscar Garcia is obsessed with playing attacking football and believes in having more possession of the football than the opposition. Not a fan of Brucie football then!  :D

This is the kind of manager we need that style.

38 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I've just been doing the usual quick bit of research when a new name is mentioned .... Oscar Garcia is obsessed with playing attacking football and believes in having more possession of the football than the opposition. Not a fan of Brucie football then!  :D

He has only recently joined St Etienne and from what I understand quit Watford for health reasons. 99.9% certain he won't be our next manager.  

Edited by hippo

1 hour ago, villabromsgrove said:

If he comes or not, if this is the type of manager we are looking at, then it suggests the wheels of the villa engine will be put into motion and taking a big step away from Bruce style.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, peterms said:

One of the worst aspects of football is clubs being found talking to prospective new managers without having got rid of the old one.

No class, no style, no self-respect, no consideration nor empathy.  Who would want to be that manager?

Just poor, really.

Or the alternative is sack the manager, then start sounding out potential replacements, develop a shortlist, ask clubs for permission if candidates are already in work, interview candidates, second interview candidates, choose a manager, negotiate terms, offer a contract and get it signed. Then start planning for 2018-19 season as this one will be too far gone.

Who would want to be that club?

its a big bad world out there.... 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, peterms said:

One of the worst aspects of football is clubs being found talking to prospective new managers without having got rid of the old one.

No class, no style, no self-respect, no consideration nor empathy.  Who would want to be that manager?

Just poor, really.

I have to agree with that.

It Smacks of.......What goes around, comes around.

but hey, its is the press and not the club reporting it.

3 hours ago, Eastie said:

7 games no wins and 2nd from bottom - if we wait another 2 weeks smith could be sacked and cheaper ;)

Smith is a no from me. Brentford were well drilled against us, but look at where he has them in the table.

Perhaps some time in the future if he proves himself, but not at the moment.

Edited by AntrimBlack

46 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

If he comes or not, if this is the type of manager we are looking at, then it suggests the wheels of the villa engine will be put into motion and taking a big step away from Bruce style.

I am unsure its as simple as you are suggesting.

We are now seeing one of the finest institutions in English football with a divided fan base, basically because their team Arsenal, can attack but can't defend.

West Bromwich Albion, was always known for flamboyant football and little else, but flirted relegation for years and changed managers to try and cure it.....along comes a resilient styled Tony Pulis style and they are looking reasonably solid.....but still have detractors.

If you are a good attacking team or a good defensive team......the job is only half done.

We want a winning team that can comfortably do both.....its not easy to get.

Edited by TRO

In terms of a our new managerial appointment in the near future..

- Is he just a plug the rott and stable the ship for now?

- Is he a come in and get us promotion if they can and leave come June?

- Is he someone who can build the club.. try for promotion and remain beyond june and for the next few years.

Bracket A.   Smith, Yorke,  esq.

Bracket B.   Allerdyce, Warnock, Garcia, Puel esq.

Bracket C.  Moyes, Benithez, Coleman, esq.

Thoughts please..

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

I am unsure its as simple as you are suggesting.

We are now seeing one of the finest institutions in English football with a divided fan base, basically because their team Arsenal, can attack but can't defend.

West Bromwich Albion, was always known for flamboyant football and little else, but flirted relegation for years and changed managers to try and cure it.....along comes a resilient styled Tony Pulis style and they are looking reasonably solid.....but still have detractors.

If you are a good attacking team or a good defensive team......the job is only half done.

We want a winning team that can comfortably do both.....its not easy to get.

When let off the leash (once) our players have shown they are more suited to an attacking style.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

In terms of a our new managerial appointment in the near future..

- Is he just a plug the rott and stable the ship for now?

- Is he a come in and get us promotion if they can and leave come June?

- Is he someone who can build the club.. try for promotion and remain beyond june and for the next few years.

Bracket A.   Smith, Yorke,  esq.

Bracket B.   Allerdyce, Warnock, Garcia, Puel esq.

Bracket C.  Moyes, Benithez, Coleman, esq.

Thoughts please..

I think some of the names are in the wrong bracket.

• Like 1