Josh Onomah

skarroki

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Not for the first time I am watching him and he is doing nothing. Just jogging about, not interested, letting others do his running for him. Only comes alive when he gets the ball to his feet. 

I  thought he looked dreadful and lost possession several times .

• Like 2

Dreadful. I've got absolutely no issue at all in utilising the loan market, i want the best players on the pitch even if that means nurturing someone elses players to the detriment of our own. But so far I've seen nothing at all in this kid to suggest he should be getting games ahead of some of our own youngsters. 

Thought he was really poor today. His worst performance for us. Lost the ball too much and all attacks broke down when he got the ball.

got yo do better josh if you want to be a first teamer here let alone a quality spurs side. You wouldn't even be on the bench there with woeful performances like that

Edited by Demitri_C

Bruce insists on bringing him on as an AM when that is clearly not his position. Yes he got a goal but it's now his position. 

Really can't understand why OHare didn't get the nod. Bruce prefers Onomowers size strength clearly but I struggle to see how OHare enthusiasm, work rate wouldn't make up for what he lacks in size and he would be more naturally suited to the role. 

Definitely rate Josh though just think he needs to replacing a tiring Whelan or Hourihane if he comes on. 

13 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Bruce insists on bringing him on as an AM when that is clearly not his position. Yes he got a goal but it's now his position. 

Really can't understand why OHare didn't get the nod. Bruce prefers Onomowers size strength clearly but I struggle to see how OHare enthusiasm, work rate wouldn't make up for what he lacks in size and he would be more naturally suited to the role. 

Definitely rate Josh though just think he needs to replacing a tiring Whelan or Hourihane if he comes on. 

Sorry fpr me i support bruces decision. At present i think onomah os the better player.

I'd agree that at the moment he is the better player but not in that position. He's not a great AM, I he's played around 5/6 cameos there and not looked comfortable in any of them. He's a good CM/Box to Box that's the point I was trying to make. 

If you want to play an AM play someone who is comfortable there. 

#BruceandDemout

Edited by villaglint

7 minutes ago, bobzy said:

His lazy passes last night did my head in.  He's obviously comfortable on the ball, but was being far too comfortable and just allowing Burton to keep putting pressure on.  Needs to get rid of that trait.

As i said earlier in the thread, i want to be able to field the strongest possible 11 so unlike some i have no issue at all in utilising the loan market to develop other clubs players if they are going to benefit ourselves in the short term. But so far I've seen nothing to suggest he should be getting games ahead of some of our own youngsters. 

5 minutes ago, av1 said:

As i said earlier in the thread, i want to be able to field the strongest possible 11 so unlike some i have no issue at all in utilising the loan market to develop other clubs players if they are going to benefit ourselves in the short term. But so far I've seen nothing to suggest he should be getting games ahead of some of our own youngsters. 

Maybe.  I think there's often a certain amount of pressure with our younger players, though, and I'm also confident in Bruce's ability to handle them.  For all of his lack of tactical nous, he seems to be a good man-manager.

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Maybe.  I think there's often a certain amount of pressure with our younger players, though, and I'm also confident in Bruce's ability to handle them.  For all of his lack of tactical nous, he seems to be a good man-manager.

Fair point. Just to touch on the loan thing again. As it is a loan the guy needs to start putting in performances. If its going to take x amount of months before the kid starts performing, only to then go back to spurs, we may aswell use that time to develop our own. 

I guess thats puts pressure on the kid as you say, but atm he showing little to suggest he will come good. He looks lazy, his touch is poor and at times he looks terrible in possession. 

Â