Josh Onomah

skarroki

'We've had to cut out cloth accordingly so spent a few million on some players with seemingly good pedigree and stats from Barnsley and Forest...but now we have got a kid from Spurs for nothing who might turn out to be better than both of them. What a load of crap. **** off Villa.'

2 minutes ago, supermon said:

Spurs work colleague rates him very highly, was absolutely shocked that he was loaned out as he had earmarked him for game-time this season.  Hope he starts ahead of Bacuna.  

Bacuna's on his way out (thank the lord!), so if Bacuna was what was keeping him out he'll be playing.

One of the most annoying things about villa in recent years has been our midfield knocking it sideways, waiting for an opening.

Onomah is very different with the way he's happy to run with the ball, and can just seamlessly surge past players is great to watch.

As many have alluded to, its something we haven't had since Delph

5 minutes ago, Gillz said:

One of the most annoying things about villa in recent years has been our midfield knocking it sideways, waiting for an opening.

Onomah is very different with the way he's happy to run with the ball, and can just seamlessly surge past players is great to watch.

As many have alluded to, its something we haven't had since Delph

its call ability.....which breeds confidence.

• Like 1

His foot work and ability to keep the ball is very impressive.  Like he let's the other guy make his move first, then spins away from him and carries the ball off. Roy Keane used to do that and virtually never gave it away. 

He's like Delph who can actually pass. He was on a different level to anything we've seen in our midfield for years. Not only can he see passes that our other players can't see, he can execute them as well. Very impressed.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I do like him, but (if we're looking for a negative) he's totally one-footed. 

He should definitely be starting, and I'm sure he will. 

I think using his left will come with more games and confidence. I do agree that's it something that needs working on however his balance and strength on the ball is such that he seems to be able get away with it at this level.

6 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Isn't it annoying that we've spent 20m on Hourihane and Lansbury and a 19yr old on loan from Spurs has done more against Colchester than they both have in 6 months?

Well done Villa.

20mil?

How did you work that one out?

Â