Josh Onomah

skarroki

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

I thought he did ok when he came on to be honest. Barnsley were looking dangerous until he came on and it just settled us down I think.

Can't agree mate. I thought he was atrocious. 

2 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

He was on for roughly 15min and made no mistakes. I fail to see how that constitutes as an atrocious appearance.

I thought he give us necessary muscle and presence when we clearly needed it......inspired substitution.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

I thought he did ok when he came on to be honest. Barnsley were looking dangerous until he came on and it just settled us down I think.

Same. He did fine.

He and Whelan are the scapegoats at the moment though so they'll get criticised regardless.

• Like 3

I have been critical of him but thought he did very well yesterday. 

Adomah was totally shot and contributing heavily to the ball constantly coming back at us. 

He changed the state of play with strength and power and suddenly we were more on the front foot and them much less so. 

4 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Spurs could well recall him now to get him more game time elsewhere. Pecident has been set so I wouldn't be surprised. 

Maybe. Or hopefully they think it's good for him to stay in a competitive environment like ours. If he's to make it at spurs he needs to develop that fighting spirit. I think he's a good option here and could well play in the DM role.

1 hour ago, osmark86 said:

Maybe. Or hopefully they think it's good for him to stay in a competitive environment like ours. If he's to make it at spurs he needs to develop that fighting spirit. I think he's a good option here and could well play in the DM role.

I'd say guaranteed game time is more important else he'd still be at spurs

Edited by Nigel

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

I'd say guaranteed game time is more important else he'd still be at spurs

If they only want that he could go to a lower championship side. I hope they want him to try to excel in a competitive side like ours though. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Evrey time hes dropped back to that deep midfield position he’s looked better it’s definitely his position ,but hes low workrate defensively makes him a liability in this position  its a shame really ,kids has bags of ability not good enough for spurs would be an ideal permanent transfer if he could kick on to fulfill his potential ,next year were gonna be a very old team wich is worrying especially if we go up!   

• Like 1

We’ve either got to play him deep or let him go. We don’t need him as a winger or as ACM as we have plenty of cover in those areas. As it’s a loan I think he’s got a clause saying he has to be involved. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dn1982 said:

We’ve either got to play him deep or let him go. We don’t need him as a winger or as ACM as we have plenty of cover in those areas. As it’s a loan I think he’s got a clause saying he has to be involved. 

How does that work when he quite clearly hasn't been involved?

12 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

How does that work when he quite clearly hasn't been involved?

When? He’s been out injured a few times but until the last few games he’s started most. He’s was abysmal v Peterborough and has had plenty of awful games but When he’s been fit he’s been even involved  

15 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

When? He’s been out injured a few times but until the last few games he’s started most. He’s was abysmal v Peterborough and has had plenty of awful games but When he’s been fit he’s been even involved  

He has had plenty of spells on the bench. He does come on as sub and he has largely done ok because he's a physical lad. 

Tbf the onus is on you to provide evidence for the claim, if there were any such clause I'm fairly sure it would have surfaced by now?

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He has had plenty of spells on the bench. He does come on as sub and he has largely done ok because he's a physical lad. 

Tbf the onus is on you to provide evidence for the claim, if there were any such clause I'm fairly sure it would have surfaced by now?

It’s what I think. I’ve never claimed to have evidence. It’s a common factor in Ioan deals as clubs want there youth to play. I highlighted the fact he’s never dropped from the match Day squad even after stinking the place out. I think you need to understand what involved means. In my OP I said he should play in his natural position or let him go as for me he’s isnt good enough further forward but looks promising deeper. We have an abundance of youth players all fit who can do what he’s done in an attacking role. I’d rather try them. Cardiff have to play the lad from Liverpool in 14 games from now on no matter how bad he plays if we have any clause like that send him back. If Bruce is sticking with him even when he’s out of sorts that’s wrong as he could easily use our kids and give them the same leeway. Green is now fully fit and firing so it’ll be interesting who gets picked next week. 

The kid will never be a PL player. He will get a couple more loans moves and end up signing for a mid tablechampionship club. 

Â