John Terry

Farlz

5 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

Hey guys has anyone mentioned John Terry's age? I know there's only been 57 pages of discussion but I feel like it might be worth talking about.

We'll get to that.  That's scheduled for page 60 thru 63.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

So I suppose that raises the question of whether 'arry is incredibly stupid or incredibly arrogant.

Its not a question. I think you will find he is both.

Edited by TheStagMan

I guess Terry being a United fan during the period that Bruce was skipper of united also   helped things along - as he himself said he regarded Bruce as a legend - good work from all concerned to get the deal done.

On his quest, Barnes encounters gun-toting Irish thugs, disgruntled baby mamas and treacherous, heavily armed coaching staff. Not to mention a gay, nightclub-owning drug dealer with a glad eye for middle aged football managers and a thrilling top-of-the-table clash between Leddersford and Fulham that’s watched over by a rogue sniper intent on killing our trusty hero.

This paragraph has me sold if I'm honest. If he can pen an all action novel like this then promotion should be a doddle.

I nearly fell off the chair when I read the bit in bold. Fiction or not?:huh:

46 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If we see more leadership and battling then it would have in my view been the terry factor  so worth the cash

I think the quality of the signing won't be measured by games played.

Terry could play every minute of every game and be an utterly dreadful signing if he plays like Joleon Lescott.

Similarly, if he played phenomenally well but only managed 20 games, the signing would probably still be worth it.

Not to mention the behind the scenes factors.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, withes_shin said:

Can't help but think that Bruce sees a lot of himself in Terry.

Both played for big clubs.
Both were centre halves.
Both were captain of their sides.
Both won numerous trophies.
Both left their respective club at roughly the same age.
Both dropped down a division to continue playing.

I'll leave the rest of you to point out the differences - e.g. Bruce never played for England, Bruce, as far as we know, never shagged his team mates missus, etc. etc.

What if he gave Giggs his brothers wifes number? or Rooney the grab-a-granny hotline number?

Edited by Grasshopper

1 hour ago, Phumfeinz said:

Hey guys has anyone mentioned John Terry's age? I know there's only been 57 pages of discussion but I feel like it might be worth talking about.

Funny you should mention the number 57, as I'm sure someone has pointed out he'll be the only 57-year old playing in the Championship.

• Like 2

If we get 15-20 games each out of Terry, Baker & Jedi at CB along with 35+ games out of Chester we should be ok

The team sitting deep with a back 4 and jedi as DM along with Wingers dropping back and Lansbury & Hourihane playing deep means those old legs of Terry & Jedi plus Baker picking up injuries will mean JT will have a lot to do.

However, if we go 3-4-3 or 4-1-3-2 and force the play forward there will be less strain on the fitness of JT & Jedi. And Baker wont have to be heading goalposts, attackers feet or blocking shots with his oversized bollox

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:
1 hour ago, BOF said:

We'll get to that.  That's scheduled for page 60 thru 63.

Only three pages? I am not sure that will be sufficient. 

Four :mrgreen: 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sparrow1988 said:

On his quest, Barnes encounters gun-toting Irish thugs, disgruntled baby mamas and treacherous, heavily armed coaching staff. Not to mention a gay, nightclub-owning drug dealer with a glad eye for middle aged football managers and a thrilling top-of-the-table clash between Leddersford and Fulham that’s watched over by a rogue sniper intent on killing our trusty hero.

This paragraph has me sold if I'm honest. If he can pen an all action novel like this then promotion should be a doddle.

I nearly fell off the chair when I read the bit in bold. Fiction or not?:huh:

Well, as the industry saying goes... "write what you know....."

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

I wonder what his first impressions are... a penny for his thoughts. 

Think he will find gabby and Gardner not quite up to the standard of hazard and costa :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CosmicVillan said:

Why have they all got sports bras

Thy contain tech that tracks their movement, vitals etc. Used to analyse player effort, achievement and improvement in training, and also improve training methods.

• Like 1

Â