Life After Death?

Designer1

57 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

When you are done you are done. So make the most of it while you are here.

Exactly.  We're bits of walking meat, and once you're done, you're done.  Just enjoy yourself as much as you can and be nice to people.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Without boring people I've experienced things which would point to evidence of something else out there. I've been in a room full of people and very weird shit has been going on in the house and we have all witnessed and saw it.

Were you all taking the same substance at the time ? :)

• Like 1

Anyone remember that power station or whatever it was that exploded down south a few years back?  Well a few of us were on the sesh taking all kinds of things and all of a sudden the ground started moving. We thought **** me we are stoned. Turns out the explosion had created tremors which were felt in the midlands and there was us thinking it was the drugs.

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I honestly do not see how there can be a life after death. I believe in near death experiences though where you have this out of body thing going on. 

There are so many things in this universe that are so unreal it's hard to believe they actually exist. If someone explained the universe in every detail you would not believe them and it would sound like a fantasy story. 

21 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I honestly do not see how there can be a life after death. I believe in near death experiences though where you have this out of body thing going on. 

Dimethyltryptamine or DMT is a chemical which naturally occurs in many plants and animals. People have taken it and experienced similar hallucinations/visions to people who 'die' and are revived (near death experiences.) It's supposedly one of the strongest psychedelics on the planet and the theory is it's released into your bloodstream when you die.

Also: They've remade 'Flatliners' with young sexy people.

Edited by TheAuthority

13 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

There are so many things in this universe that are so unreal it's hard to believe they actually exist. If someone explained the universe in every detail you would not believe them and it would sound like a fantasy story. 

Just because we can't fully understand or comprehend the universe and all it's wonders it doesn't mean there must be some supreme being or locations for human 'spirits' or see-through people to disappear off to in between random appearances away from public view.

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So if god, jesus etc nwver existed. Who wrote the bible? Did someome just make up all these as stories?

Matthew, Mark Luke and John wrote the new testament and is likely to more accurate than the old. Still could be fiction though!

When my father died, the undertakers came in to put him on a stretcher and take him to the morgue. When they lifted him up and off the bed I saw him grimace. But he'd been dead for three hours. Still haunts me.

4 minutes ago, brommy said:

Just because we can't fully understand or comprehend the universe and all it's wonders it doesn't mean there must be some supreme being or locations for human 'spirits' or see-through people to disappear off to in between random appearances away from public view.

I never said there was. Just pointing out sometimes the unimaginable has the potential to be real.

24 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So if god, jesus etc nwver existed. Who wrote the bible? Did someome just make up all these as stories?

Well...yeah.

I think it's pretty closed minded to just say 'this is it, nothing more'. I've always been somewhere between atheist and agnostic and always believed in the irrefutable facts of science. But I'm open minded enough to admit I don't know what I don't know, and neither does anyone else.

Some really switched on people say there's a good chance we're living in a simulation created by something higher than us. There will be things outside of our understanding and who knows what's there.

I've never been able to reconcile the logics of our bodies being meat/tools/vehicles and how your consciousness fits and how it becomes assigned or implanted in the first place. How am I living in this moment at this time?

Various bits of science point to various things that mean our understanding of the universe is very limited. The universal constant is so precise it's statistically very unlikely it happened by chance.

I don't think we go on living like this but I also think it's very easy to just dismiss any open thinking with 'this is what science knows now, so this is what happens'. It just seems to me that something, somehow rendered my 'self' into my physical presence. What further mechanisms are out there we're not aware of.

TL;Dr watch the ricks must be crazy

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I never said there was. Just pointing out sometimes the unimaginable has the potential to be real.

There is certainly more in the universe that we don't know about than we do know about. Without any proof of an after life (what ever that is) there might as well not be one. A person can claim and genuinely believe they can fly unaided but unless it is proven they can fly unaided, they can't fly unaided.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Can i ask have you always felt this way? Have you ever believed honestly?

I have a few friends that believed went church and were religious then just one day they just decided they didnt believe anymore. No incident like death or anything like that. Im just wondering how you can go from there to now?

Like most people I had religion pushed onto me as a kid, I guess I accepted it to a point but wouldn't say I was ever a believer.

When I was old enough to really think about it logically, I think I was 11, I came to the conclusion that it was all rather daft really.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, brommy said:

There is certainly more in the universe that we don't know about than we do know about. Without any proof of an after life (what ever that is) there might as well not be one. A person can claim and genuinely believe they can fly unaided but unless it is proven they can fly unaided, they can't fly unaided.

Which brings us to the no proof of their not being an afterlife. Shouldn't we be trying to prove their isn't one rather than trying to prove there is one? After all for many centuries and civilisations before us wasn't it the norm to accept there is  an afterlife. 

Â