Germany 23rd July

NeilS

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

So is the final at 2pm UK time?

3pm, other semi then 3/4 play off before then. they ko at 1 and 2 o clock.

The loser in the next game will be straight back out for another game against duisburg

Edited by LakotaDakota

20 minutes in I was thinking what a pointless exercise this wil be when 45 minutes flys by without a shot.

25 minutes later, thank Jebus Hogan has got a few in his locker. Immediate reaction as suddenly those balls that pop out of the opposition's feet he was on his toes to try and nick it, his link up play was there, he was dropping in and picking up the ball. Strange guy is Scott I think.

1 minute ago, Troglodyte said:

Love this.  Such a Villa fan response.  We're looking like we're actually starting to play in decent patterns and are easily winning a game that we're only half an hour into.  The response?  TRY NEW THINGS!

It's smart.

You can take the piss all you like, but it's pre-season. We have found something that worked so lets move on to see what else we can discover.

In the end we won regardless, but just because we have something that is working doesn't mean we have to settle. 

Have to admit before we scored we looked pretty poor. Good save from steer.

What a difference a goal makes. We absolutely were on fire after that. Elmo looked really good and hogan was on absolute fire. Two finishes.

Thats going to help him for the hull game. The opposition were not great but still excellent to see we are capable of scoring goals without big kodj

Elmo looked much better than I expected. Him and Hogan linking up the stand out. We made passes in front of players for them to run on to, look strong in defence and attack. 

And just in case you were confused and thought you were watching the wrong game, Huttinho was there to remind you you're watching Villa. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Daweii said:

It's smart.

You can take the piss all you like, but it's pre-season. We have found something that worked so lets move on to see what else we can discover.

In the end we won regardless, but just because we have something that is working doesn't mean we have to settle. 

But also let's keep doing it to get team confidence. We have quality players and just need a system and more importantly confidence. Those two goals for Hogan will do him a world of good. For us fans seeing some goals will give us confidence and we need it.

Enjoyable first half. Couple of observations. JT has been immense. He's got the defenders organised, and is reassurance to the midfield. Hutton is awful. I've lost count how many times he's lost the ball and apologised going forward. Hogan's movement is a proper number 9, I'd just like to see him pressure their centre half when they are coming forward. Look forward to the second half. (It's been a while since I've said that!)

Â