Germany 23rd July

NeilS

10 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Green has been pretty rank since the goal

I find myself watching him closely, in hope to see what others do. Before his goal I counted that he got the ball twice on the wing. The first time he tried to take a defender on, who got the ball off him and started a Duisburg attack. The second time he ran in-field and tried to switch play, which was cut-out by Duisburg and resulted in another attack for them.

Giving credib where it's due, he got into the goal scoring position and cracked it in off the bar, and a little later in the game he also put in a pretty good cross that no-one got on the end of. 

I was actually really impressed with the other two youngsters that played. They both seemed full of energy and both seemed really calm on the ball too.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Daweii said:

It's smart.

You can take the piss all you like, but it's pre-season. We have found something that worked so lets move on to see what else we can discover.

In the end we won regardless, but just because we have something that is working doesn't mean we have to settle. 

Lord above.  Do you really think the players' and Bruce's response will be "Wow - this works! Let's stop training and thinking of anything new, because Elmo has created a couple of goals against a second tier German side!"

You commented 30 mins into a good performance, making out we only have one plan and are now going to stick to it.

First pre-season game I've watched. Looking pretty good.

Hopefully this will calm some of the fans discouraged by other friendlies so far.

Took us a good 15 mins or so to get into the game, but after the goal pretty much bossed it

6 minutes ago, Troglodyte said:

Lord above.  Do you really think the players' and Bruce's response will be "Wow - this works! Let's stop training and thinking of anything new, because Elmo has created a couple of goals against a second tier German side!"

You commented 30 mins into a good performance, making out we only have one plan and are now going to stick to it.

No, but I also know that Villa have a knack of being of a one track mind.

My mindset is and always will be "great you figured out something that works, keep a note of it and work on improving in other aspects".

You may not agree with my thinking and that's fine I really don't care, but it's how I do things.

3 minutes ago, Daweii said:

No, but I also know that Villa have a knack of being of a one track mind.

My mindset is and always will be "great you figured out something that works, keep a note of it and work on improving in other aspects".

You may not agree with my thinking and that's fine I really don't care, but it's how I do things.

image.png.ae9551f5fe17c81c83dc542ad9458a99.png

• Like 1

I'm delighted with the result. Elmo and Hogan linked up really good. Only concern is that we're setting up as a counter attack side like the O'Neil days. I still feel like we'll struggle to break down teams if they sit back. 

Goals is what exactly what we needed to get our confidence going though so :)

6 minutes ago, DK82 said:

Who was the young kid in the middle? Really liked him. Great movement and energy.

I believe that was Jake Doyle Hayes who was playing the Jedinak/Whelan role.

Â