Manchester Arena Explosion

OutByEaster?

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Screenshot_20170524-123335.png

And if we get another case like Jean Charles de Menezes, who cares!? Killing innocent people is worth it for the end goal. 

I sound like Blair justifying the Iraq war!

The problem with proactive action based on opinion rather than action is the kind of action that reinforces extremist opinion and only works to justify it to them even more. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Not saying I agree with it, but it's very often the case that these attacks are carried about by people 'known' to police, but of course, not in prison. If these attacks become more frequent, which is of course entirely possible, then I can imagine that the deportation solution will be much more on the 'table'. Then it's really a trade off as what people actually want, potentially being safer at the cost of a clear infringement of human rights. I can imagine it going down well with a lot of voters. 

It's a monumentally stupid idea. Here's a few reasons why, in question form:

1. Does throwing out Muslims from this country increase or decrease the "recruiting tools" used by the likes of ISIL against the UK? - "Look they hate Muslims, they victimise people who've done no crime"

2.Once someone "known to the security services and thought to be a risk" is thrown out of the UK, do they have a better or worse chance of tracking them and preventing any actual crime/terror act?

3. When the "powers that be" have the, er, powers to arrest and deport anyone without trial is the fair and balanced "rule of law" made more or less legitimate?

4.  If we send various dodgepots and barmyists to abroadia, will abroadia-land be grateful to the UK, or will they resent us "exporting a terror problem"? 

There are plenbty more reasons not to do it.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, blandy said:

It's a monumentally stupid idea. Here's a few reasons why, in question form:

1. Does throwing out Muslims from this country increase or decrease the "recruiting tools" used by the likes of ISIL against the UK? - "Look they hate Muslims, they victimise people who've done no crime"

2.Once someone "known to the security services and thought to be a risk" is thrown out of the UK, do they have a better or worse chance of tracking them and preventing any actual crime/terror act?

3. When the "powers that be" have the, er, powers to arrest and deport anyone without trial is the fair and balanced "rule of law" made more or less legitimate?

4.  If we send various dodgepots and barmyists to abroadia, will abroadia-land be grateful to the UK, or will they resent us "exporting a terror problem"? 

There are plenbty more reasons not to do it.

I agree. But this is where the discourse on this issue is heading. 

4 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I agree. But this is where the discourse on this issue is heading. 

Round up all "known terror suspects" and place them in a sizeable warehouse-esque large room.

Play Bob Marley on repeat.

Burn that special weed in the corners of the room once every few hours.

Problem solved, everyone happy.  No more wars or terror attacks. B)

11 minutes ago, blandy said:

1. Does throwing out "Suspected terrorists" from this country increase or decrease the "recruiting tools" used by the likes of ISIL against the UK? - "Look they hate Muslims, they victimise people who've done no crime"

If the blockhead who blew himself up on Monday for IS was John Smith and was born and bred in Manchester would we say he was christian? a muslim? or just a terrorist?

Edited by mykeyb

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Deporting British citizens? Does this also apply to white nationalist extremists or just the brown ones?

Just the Brown ones, obviously! - the pro-deport people on the twitter etc. are not animals, you know..... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

If the blockhead who blew himself up on Monday for IS was John Smith and was born and bred in Manchester would we say he was christian? a muslim? or just a terrorist?

I thought the guy who blew himself up was born and bred in Manchester... so isn't your question answered here?

I'm confused.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Round up all "known terror suspects" and place them in a sizeable warehouse-esque large room.

Play Bob Marley on repeat.

Burn that special weed in the corners of the room once every few hours.

Problem solved, everyone happy.  No more wars or terror attacks. B)

Abedi was a cannabis user. May even have a small part to do with his mental instability perhaps? 

7 minutes ago, blandy said:

The law says all of them are. Don't you respect the law? People who don't show respect for the law should be deported, we can't have people with no respect for the laws of the land swanning about freely in these dangerous times.

You've got 5 mionutes, get your things together - pack a coat, it's cold in Siberia

Innocent until proven guilty.....yes. How many of the 3000 on watchlists are there "without" good reason. I would imagine that it constitutes more than just googling how to make a bomb.

If we dont have the resources to watch them all what is the answer? more money? whats the price of a childs life?

There needs to be a plan, just sitting back and hoping it will go away wont work. There isnt one answer to this I am sure.

10 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I thought the guy who blew himself up was born and bred in Manchester... so isn't your question answered here?

I'm confused.

Thats my point, why is the first comment about him being a muslim, he isnt, he is a terrorist.

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Don't forget to put plywood over your windows.

Hopefully you have enough dry goods in storage to wait this one out.

Personally, I just bought a ticket for a weekender music festival.

**** 'em. I'll die dad dancing.

I'm off to see the Wedding Present (and quite frankly lots of shite too) at an all dayer in Manchester on Saturday

Everyone needs to do stuff like this, otherwise the terrorists win

• Like 1

Â