Manchester Arena Explosion

OutByEaster?

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

32.87%

But I have you in the guilty pile, you're on the next Chinook. I can't tell you why, it would compromise my sources and risk more lives. You are guilty.

We've got to be seen to do something visible, quick and simple. I don't apologise for being tough, I don't apologise for protecting democracy.

Would it save lives?

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

These people aren't being arrested because there's not enough evidence for an arrest. So how do we detain them? Under what grounds?

I don't know what the law is regarding terrorism but the govt could bring in new rulings under these special circumstances. Its all very well caring about the human rights of suspected terrorists but when children have been murdered and you have the great possibility of it happening again soon, possibly in Birmingham then you cant afford to take chances. Its not about picking on Muslims its about keeping our country safe. 

Just now, PaulC said:

I don't know what the law is regarding terrorism but the govt could bring in new rulings under these special circumstances. Its all very well caring about the human rights of suspected terrorists but when children have been murdered and you have the great possibility of it happening again soon, possibly in Birmingham then you cant afford to take chances. Its not about picking on Muslims its about keeping our country safe. 

By detaining people who haven't broken any law?

1 hour ago, mykeyb said:

Did anyone here the chap on 5live earlier who used to chair the COBRA meetings, very interesting. He suggested that there are far to many to watch so they should start deporting the one that they think they can make a case for and anyone with dual nationality should lose their british passports.

Deporting British citizens? Does this also apply to white nationalist extremists or just the brown ones?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

I think you'll find we're actually caring about the rights  of all the non-terrorists

• Like 1

Just now, Keyblade said:

Deporting British citizens? Does this also apply to white nationalist extremists or just the brown ones?

Not a clue, why dont you listen to the interview on iplayer, find his name out and ask him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

and where did I say I have

You did suggest maybe ... bringing in every single suspect on the watch list, didn't you?

That was on top of a number of posts repeating something someone else said about infringing civil rights 'of the few', saying to another poster 'tell that to' a victim's parent, that 'they will be deported for...', &c.

3 minutes ago, snowychap said:

You did suggest maybe ... bringing in every single suspect on the watch list, didn't you?

That was on top of a number of posts repeating something someone else said about infringing civil rights 'of the few', saying to another poster 'tell that to' a victim's parent, that 'they will be deported for...', &c.

Snowy, cant be arsed mate.

6 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Not a clue, why dont you listen to the interview on iplayer, find his name out and ask him.

I'm just thinking out loud here. The first reaction is always 'kick em out'. If I'm not mistaken every single attacker has been a British citizen with most if not all being born and bred there. So where would they be deported to? Also what would do you do about people like the recent London attacker or if the person was a white Muslim? Where do they go? It's just a flawed, kneejerk solution.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Would it save lives?

I'm not at liberty to talk about individual cases.

On the whole, over the last few years, we've disrupted dozens of plots and saved countless lives.

Now stop playing for time and get your family on that **** chinook.

If you have a complaint about lack of evidence or human rights or some other do gooder nonsense you can write me a letter from the Benghazi Hilton.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I'm just thinking out loud here. The first reaction is always 'kick em out'. If I'm not mistaken every single attacker has been a British citizen with most if not all being born and bred there. So where would they be deported to? Also what would do you do about people like the recent London attacker or if the person was a white Muslim? Where do they go? It's just a flawed, kneejerk solution.

Like I said, ask the bloke who suggested it

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I'm not at liberty to talk about individual cases.

On the whole, over the last few years, we've disrupted dozens of plots and saved countless lives.

Now stop playing for time and get your family on that **** chinook.

If you have a complaint about lack of evidence or human rights or some other do gooder nonsense you can write me a letter from the Benghazi Hilton.

Yes I am all for it, when are you coming to get me.

41 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

So we remain reactive then so that someone who is suspected of planning a terror attack on our soil doesnt have their civil rights impinged...........I dont agree with you I am afraid, I am not sure that deporting suspects is particularly the answer either. Maybe while we have troops helping the police we should be bringing in every single suspect on the watch list and put the fear of god (bad wording I know) into them, scare them off or force their hand.

Yet again just for Keyblade..........

2 hours ago, mykeyb said:

Did anyone here the chap on 5live earlier who used to chair the COBRA meetings, very interesting. He suggested that there are far to many to watch so they should start deporting the one that they think they can make a case for and anyone with dual nationality should lose their british passports.

implies some sort of general agreement, otherwise, why post it in the first place? you clearly aren't in disagreement with it, otherwise, you'd say so surely?

• Like 1

Just now, bickster said:

implies some sort of general agreement, otherwise, why post it in the first place? you clearly aren't in disagreement with it, otherwise, you'd say so surely?

Does it.? 

Read my post above yours.......................

Â