Manchester Arena Explosion

OutByEaster?

4 minutes ago, DK82 said:

But once we start deporting British citizens, which I presume this is about (scan reading at work), we build more hatred in young British muslims who see people from their community deported even though they were born here. What then, 'are you a terrorist' tests for 16 year olds?

Chips implanted in arms to track all young muslims?

What do we do next. Where will it stop?

Deporting suspects is not the answer either

3 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Of the 3000 plus on the current watchlist how many do you think are 100% innocent?

You're right, deport all 3000 of them then.

You're probably also interested in my idea of removing all diseases from the face of the earth by nuking the whole planet.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mykeyb said:

So we remain reactive then so that someone who is suspected of planning a terror attack on our soil doesnt have their civil rights impinged...........I dont agree with you I am afraid, I am not sure that deporting suspects is particularly the answer either. Maybe while we have troops helping the police we should be bringing in every single suspect on the watch list and put the fear of god (bad wording I know) into them, scare them off or force their hand.

Justice is generally reactive. You usually need to be guilty of something to be punished. If you are guilty there is evidence (excepting miscarriages of justice for a moment)

If someone is suspected, there must be evidence. If there is evidence, arrest and prosecute.

Suspicion has to have a foundation that can tested in court.

I'm not sure rounding them all up and saying 'We're on to you' is much help either. You would either threaten evidence to make an arrest later, spook an event into happening catching people off guard, help push someone over the edge into full ready to blow myself up radicalisation, etc etc etc.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Of the 3000 plus on the current watchlist how many do you think are 100% innocent?

Define 100% innocent.

How does somebody get on the list?

Genuine question. How would you draw the line for getting deported?

Does Mohammed from down the road get deported because he googled ISIS?

Just now, Paddywhack said:

You're right, deport all 3000 of them then.

You're probably also interested in my idea of removing all diseases from the face of the earth by nuking the whole planet.

Yes I definitely posted that didnt I.

Just now, PaulC said:

I don't know why we are talking about deporting suspects when we should  just be talking about detaining them. 

These people aren't being arrested because there's not enough evidence for an arrest. So how do we detain them? Under what grounds?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

So we remain reactive then so that someone who is suspected of planning a terror attack on our soil doesnt have their civil rights impinged...........I dont agree with you I am afraid, I am not sure that deporting suspects is particularly the answer either. Maybe while we have troops helping the police we should be bringing in every single suspect on the watch list and put the fear of god (bad wording I know) into them, scare them off or force their hand.

Just for clarity....

6 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Deporting suspects is not the answer either

Deporting isn't the solution. Absolutely not. It'll just create more hatred. We've got to tackle this in different ways, stop treating this as though it is simply a case of throwing them off the side of a ship, because all that does is create more onboard who want to do the same to us.

Just now, bickster said:

Where are we going to deport these people to? Britain? So far they've all been born here

...and I'm sure any that weren't born here will have their home countries clamouring to have them back.

• Like 2

Just now, snowychap said:

What do you mean 'and...'?

I don't have a solution. Neither, by the way, do you.

and where did I say I have, this is a discussion and was asking what your solution was. We are both clueless then.

You seem to assume because i posted about the interview I somehow fully endorse the solutions offered.......I dont. If you read my posts you will see as much. I am not sure doing nothing is the answer either.

1 minute ago, snowychap said:

Internment?

I suppose it worked last time we did it with the Catholic Nutters... oh yeah they elected one of them an MP, he went on hunger strike, died and gained more support

• Like 1

Â