Manchester Arena Explosion

OutByEaster?

I read the IS statement as suggesting they don't have a clue who did this but want to attach their name.

Hence it not meaning much when they claim things.

Edited by Chindie

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

It seems that had Grande not done an encore there would have been more causalities as more people would have presumably been in the foyer at the time. 

Not really newsworthy. Such events are 100% scripted and planned. Bands don't do encores on a whim.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

I read the IS statement as suggesting they don't have a clue who did this but want to attach their name.

Hence it not meaning much when they claim things.

Certainly in their MO to take the blame for things like this (common tactic among many terrorist organisations). However I'm skeptical of the 'lone wolf' theory as well. Wouldn't be massively surprised if it turns out the perpetrators had gone out to a country like Syria to fight - hence receiving training in how to assemble such devices, as well of, of course, the 'confidence' to pull off something like this. 

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Certainly in their MO to take the blame for things like this (common tactic among many terrorist organisations). However I'm skeptical of the 'lone wolf' theory as well. Wouldn't be massively surprised if it turns out the perpetrators had gone out to a country like Syria to fight - hence receiving training in how to assemble such devices, as well of, of course, the 'confidence' to pull off something like this. 

I don't find the lone wolf theory that unbelievable. If you're inclined to want to make a bomb, the details are out there.

That's not to say he may not have been given tutelage, in Syria or wherever else... But I don't think that necessarily means he's not a lone wolf. If he's not 'under orders', and he's not given help, he's working on his own, trained or not.

The IS statement is vague, with few details you couldn't find in the news this morning. I doubt IS gave this bloke specific orders, and I'd stake decent money his connection is little more than self radicalisation. Maybe trying to tie himself to them.

Whether a compete lone wolf or helped by associates, who knows? I'd slightly wager heavily towards associates had concerns but didn't act on them rather than actively helped, but either way is likely.

**** this **** word removed using this attack to spread his hate

What she thought about Trump's election has NOTHING to do with this vile attack. Waste of oxygen.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

What she thought about Trump's election has NOTHING to do with this vile attack. Waste of oxygen.

Yeah I saw this earlier, what a disgusting piece of shit that man is 

25 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

damn lefties storming through social media scoring political points off of dead kids eh

Edited by mockingbird_franklin
  • Like 2

23 yr old known to the security services has been named as the perpetrator in US media. Pretty much zero chance he put this together by himself. Hopefully they can figure out the rest of this network pronto.

• Like 1

Â