Manchester Arena Explosion

OutByEaster?

1 minute ago, chakal said:

I don't know what Catholic priests have in common with these attacks, but ok, i try to answer. Yes, priests condemn paedophiles and yes, their voice is heard. It is common knowledge that paedophilia in christianity is huge sin and i only hope that you can say that about muslims and killing in the name of Allah.

So why does the Catholic church protect paedophile priests from prosecution?

I condemn all religions equally.

• Like 2

Radicalization (or radicalisation) is a process by which an individual, or group comes to adopt increasingly extreme political, social, or religious ideals and aspirations that reject or undermine the status quo or undermine contemporary ideas and expressions of freedom of choice.

People aren't solely radicalised by religion, and certainly not only by Islam.

Again, the only point I was making, and yet more aggression.

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

We are just going to keep the cycle of death going aren't we? Until there is no one left :(

Its the absolute hopelessness of it all that gets me. How the **** does the world stop this and come together and combat it in all its forms and guises? Is there an answer?

We will keep the cycle going until we act! I'm sick of the usual politicians condemning the bombings but do we ever act?? No!! A start would be addressing the fact that there are 2, 3, 4 hundred people on so called surveillance including the scum who did that last night costing us millions of pounds each year!! Why do we not deport those few that we know are a threat!!!!?? But no we let them stay and live off our land!!!! The cycle will continue wether it's another 1 or 10 Years down the line because all we do is condem we don't act. ###k em off!

1 minute ago, Upper north stander said:

We will keep the cycle going until we act! I'm sick of the usual politicians condemning the bombings but do we ever act?? No!! A start would be addressing the fact that there are 2, 3, 4 hundred people on so called surveillance including the scum who did that last night costing us millions of pounds each year!! Why do we not deport those few that we know are a threat!!!!?? But no we let them stay and live off our land!!!! The cycle will continue wether it's another 1 or 10 Years down the line because all we do is condem we don't act. ###k em off!

What about the ones who are British?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Upper north stander said:

Deport UK citizens? Where to?

• Like 1

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

Deport UK citizens? Where to?

It's simple, the people who want to live under sharia law and don't like our disgusting way of life then go to a country where they practise a strict form of Islam.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Radicalization (or radicalisation) is a process by which an individual, or group comes to adopt increasingly extreme political, social, or religious ideals and aspirations that reject or undermine the status quo or undermine contemporary ideas and expressions of freedom of choice.

People aren't solely radicalised by religion, and certainly not only by Islam.

Again, the only point I was making, and yet more aggression.

You've belatedly added the word 'solely' in there.  The murderer last night was radicalised solely by Islam, unless you have any evidence to the contrary?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

So it's not Islam? It's a violent form.

It's not a form, it's a bastardisation. A religion is defined by shared ideals, and 99%+ of Muslims having nothing in common with ISIS. The only thing they have in common is the book they read, which us esentially the same story as the ones Christians and Jews read.

Just now, Risso said:

You've belatedly added the word 'solely' in there.  The murderer last night was radicalised solely by Islam, unless you have any evidence to the contrary?

You're arguing against a point I never made.

I never said that the murderer last night was radicalised by anything else. I have no idea where you got that from as I didn't even remotely suggest that.

I was stating that radicalisation, in general, is not specific to Islam, and certainly not specific to religion only.

It was pretty clear from the offset.

3 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

It's simple, the people who want to live under sharia law and don't like our disgusting way of life then go to a country where they practise a strict form of Islam.

And what if these countries don't want them either?

2 minutes ago, Risso said:

You're, at best, misreading here.

The suggestion was religion is the only source of radicalisation. Which is achingly obviously untrue. Painfully so.

• Like 1

Â