Manchester Arena Explosion

OutByEaster?

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Attacker was a Mancunian of Libyan descent.  Home-grown yet again.

Libyan descent, though.

That's enough for the "close the borders" crew to be alerted.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Libyan descent, though.

That's enough for the "close the borders" crew to be alerted.

Apparently stopping refugees would have prevented it, or something.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Has a Syrian refugee been linked to a single attack yet?

Actually?  I don't think so.

In the minds of many Brits*?  ALL OF THEM.

* - Edit:  Apart from this Brit who blew himself up, of course.

Edited by bobzy

Just now, Wainy316 said:

Has a Syrian refugee been linked to a single attack yet?

I think one was rumoured to have had an asthma attack.

To my knowledge every terror attack committed has been carried out by a British citizen.

Which seems slightly at odds with the Daily Hail editorial stance, which is a little odd....

• Like 3

I'm not angry with normal decent Muslims, and I'm not angry with trump,certain papers, certain people on twitter or whoever else people find an excuse to have a dig at. I'm angry with the sick bastard who did this.

I still can't comprehend how disturbed someone must be to deliberately target children and teens who were just out to have a fun evening seeing their favourite pop star. It must be the most horrific attack ever on UK soil because of the specific target. 

Been upsetting reading and watching the news today. A good friend of mine at work, his brother had taken his kids there last night. Thankfully they are fine, but I feel so sorry for the families who have lost someone. 

What was nice to see was the community of all faiths coming together last night to help the stranded and injured people get home or provide them somewhere to stay. Restores your faith in people at a difficult time. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

I still can't comprehend how disturbed someone must be to deliberately target children and teens who were just out to have a fun evening seeing their favourite pop star. 

Exactly this, I had no family or friends to worry about today but I found myself tearful sometimes.  The girls who have been named lived in our area don't know them but it's just horrific to think that somebody feels that this is justified.

24 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Actually?  I don't think so.

In the minds of many Brits*?  ALL OF THEM.

* - Edit:  Apart from this Brit who blew himself up, of course.

I think that's a tad unfair, like Muslims, I think the vast majority of Brits are appalled by this and acknowledge that it's a tiny minority.

8 minutes ago, Xela said:

I still can't comprehend how disturbed someone must be to deliberately target children and teens who were just out to have a fun evening...

Me either. I have to say though, that anyone so minded to blow themselves up, whether because of warped religionism, some kind of distorted and misplaced revenge thing...or any other reason... is already so far mental as to be utterly beyond comprehension.

• Like 4

Just now, blandy said:

Me either. I have to say though, that anyone so minded to blow themselves up, whether because of warped religionism, some kind of distorted and misplaced revenge thing...or any other reason... is already so far mental as to be utterly beyond comprehension.

In their eyes we are the abnormal ones. 

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

In their eyes we are the abnormal ones. 

Nah, Ruge. It's gone past that by the time someone decides to "martyr" themselves. Because if someone has decided to kill children and themselves, it's not about "normal" or "abnormal" - they're off their **** box by that point. If it was about discriminating between people, that would mean they had the ability to reason. There is no sanity in suicide and murder, only insanity.

4 minutes ago, colhint said:

I think that's a tad unfair, like Muslims, I think the vast majority of Brits are appalled by this and acknowledge that it's a tiny minority.

A tiny minority in a sense but in another way there are too many in Islam that think this way. I do feel sorry for decent Muslim folk who have to suffer whatever because some people of their faith can't live peacefully under a world with different religions and views.

1 minute ago, blandy said:

Nah, Ruge. It's gone past that by the time someone decides to "martyr" themselves. Because if someone has decided to kill children and themselves, it's not about "normal" or "abnormal" - they're off their **** box by that point. If it was about discriminating between people, that would mean they had the ability to reason. There is no sanity in suicide and murder, only insanity.

We know that, but they don't.

Â