Other Transfers and Rumours Summer 2017

Villaphan04

Neymar and Mbappe in one window. It's just too insane the amount that was spent on just 2 players. 

The neymar deal has already ruined football. Mbappe being worth 2 times the amount of Ronaldo from years ago? I am seeing Arsenal apparently bidding £92 million for Lemar. A player who scored just 9 league goals last season. 

How much would Benteke have been worth is we sold him in today's time? £80 million?

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Arsenal were "only" bidding 45m for Lemar a few weeks back.

I reckon this is a sort of phantom bid to appease the fanbase especially as Alexis is staying for this season.

Apparently Arsenal pulled the plug shortly after bid was accepted saying there wasn't enough time to complete the deal.

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

That's sort of what I mean, they've had weeks to do the deal and they would also have known he'd have been involved with France tonight.

Like making a cheeky bid on something on eBay then shitting yourself in case they accept it... except this was €100m :lol: 

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Very strange for Monaco to agree to a loan deal for Mbappe to their rivals. Got a feeling we will hear about the transfer down the line as it doesn’t seem that transparent from the outset.

In reality they've sold him but don't get the money till next summer 

the lamar deal like I said is pure gold and Sullivan, let's do a very highly media covered bid for a player we have no real intention of signing and hope the fans come away with a smile

Barkley to Chelsea is a weird one, moaning about moving, bid accepted, can only assume wages etc accepted changes his mind during the medical? I think chelsea are doing him a favour and not saying something

Barkley is damaged goods in my eye. What he needed was a high level strict tactical coach to straighten him out if he was to make it to the top PL level, and Koeman is that. It's clear Barkley doesn't have the mentality for that kind of thing and now is only motivated by the big free transfer signing on fee. Might well be a lucky escape for chelski, though I do wonder who has had a whisper in his ear?