General Election 2017

ender4

1 minute ago, dAVe80 said:

David Davis is rubbish now he's Brexit minister. He should just make up with his brother, and get The Kinks back together.

He needs to decide, do I want to be Brexit minister or do I want play centre midfield.

• Like 1

So, as someone that has missed a chunk of the news today, am I right to think that in 24 hours she's changed her mind and it's no longer gossip she doesn't recognise, but now a malicious leak by someone high level that was there?

Which does she want us to believe?

Liar yesterday? Or liar today?

• Like 2

I think this kid might be on to something. 

Parallel universe

We are living inside a Universe that’s so complex that if we can grasp what’s happening for a moment, we’ll fall down on our knees and cry in surrender to its marvelous beauty!

Science just barely starts to scratch the surface to the nature of reality and still, its discoveries are more shocking than we were able to imagine. It proves of quantum entanglement, unified field of consciousness, free energy, superhuman abilities, singularity, parallel universes and alternate realities.

All of this is so mind boggling that you would never think a kid can understand. But maybe we need a kid, someone who is brave enough to think about crazy ideas and theories because most of the world we live in today was built upon such.

Max Laughlin is not just any kid. He is probably the smartest kid in the world. When he had only 13 years he invented a Free Energy Device, something that could potentially power the whole world for free. He became famous across the world for his brilliant ideas and points of view on interesting topics like the nature of The Universe and Alternate Realities.

But now he has a theory that CERN destroyed our Universe and we live in another Universe that was parallel and closest to it. He thinks the famous Mandela Effect is a result of that.

9 hours ago, PhilGibson said:

I think this kid might be on to something. 

Parallel universe

We are living inside a Universe that’s so complex that if we can grasp what’s happening for a moment, we’ll fall down on our knees and cry in surrender to its marvelous beauty!

Science just barely starts to scratch the surface to the nature of reality and still, its discoveries are more shocking than we were able to imagine. It proves of quantum entanglement, unified field of consciousness, free energy, superhuman abilities, singularity, parallel universes and alternate realities.

All of this is so mind boggling that you would never think a kid can understand. But maybe we need a kid, someone who is brave enough to think about crazy ideas and theories because most of the world we live in today was built upon such.

Max Laughlin is not just any kid. He is probably the smartest kid in the world. When he had only 13 years he invented a Free Energy Device, something that could potentially power the whole world for free. He became famous across the world for his brilliant ideas and points of view on interesting topics like the nature of The Universe and Alternate Realities.

But now he has a theory that CERN destroyed our Universe and we live in another Universe that was parallel and closest to it. He thinks the famous Mandela Effect is a result of that.

That was great thanks, even though has nothing to do with the election was a interesting observation :)

10 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

David Davis is rubbish now he's Brexit minister. He should just make up with his brother, and get The Kinks back together.

Scored past us though the rocket polisher.

• Like 1

Local elections today. It's disappointing to see how many candidates don't live in the wards they are seeking to 'represent' (at least around here).

It's also a shame that, for all of the increased amounts of literature put through my letterbox this year for these elections (much more from Labour/Lib Dems/Greens but almost nothing from the Tories/UKIP), there appears to have been little or no engagement with the electorate along my road even when the candidates were the ones doing the leafletting.

As for the general election, there is no sort of a campaign going on around here as far as I can see.

Edited by snowychap

27 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Local elections today. It's disappointing to see how many candidates don't live in the wards they are seeking to 'represent' (at least around here).

It's also a shame that, for all of the increased amounts of literature put through my letterbox this year for these elections (much more from Labour/Lib Dems/Greens but almost nothing from the Tories/UKIP), there appears to have been little or no engagement with the electorate along my road even when the candidates were the ones doing the leafletting.

As for the general election, there is no sort of a campaign going on around here as far as I can see.

No council elections for us, but we do have a Merto Mayor election. I was expecting a low turn out anyway, but with the GE just a month away, I'd be surprised if we get anything over a 15% turn out in Monte Darlo.  

8 councillors in my local council are getting straight back in uncontested. My problem with local government is I actually know a lot of the candidates personally and they're all dicks. My local Plaid councillor for example, was only at my work the other day and was talking with someone about how great he thought Marie Le Pen was, and how she had the right ideas. 

4 hours ago, snowychap said:

I had a choice of 3, I think they all lived in the area pretty much. The Conservative one ruled himself out by dropping a flyer through the letter box, which said he came round to anwer any questions. It helps if you ring the door bell or knock on the door you dick! if you want to listen to people. I went non political really and just went with the one that actually lived in my Village, in the hope that he would be keen to put pressure on Wiltshire council to sort the road out. Fed up with my brain rattling and wear it does to my bike as I ride though the high street.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, snowychap said:

Don't bother voting.

If you listened to the bloke from Siemens and Davis on Question Time then you'd know the world is ****.

19th century solutions to 22nd century problems.

For those who didn't see it, could you elaborate on that?

14 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

For those who didn't see it, could you elaborate on that?

Not really. You need to watch it.

Edit: It's the story of "work, work, work".

Edited by snowychap

13 hours ago, snowychap said:

Same here, last time I voted  my ward (Comberton in Kidderminster) had a Tory nominee from bewdley, not a chance fella

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

That's the last thing I want to do. 

I'll just take your word for it. 

Ah, sorry. You still need to watch it, though.

And you especially shouldn't take my word for anything.

Edited by snowychap

4 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

The local election results over night look to me to be a clear indication of what is coming in the GE in a few weeks.

Possibly. I just heard some analysis from John Curtice, so called expert pollster the BBC use, and he said the results at present would point to a seven point gain for the Tories which would be nowhere the landslide the polls have predicted.

What they do show is that UKIP are being wiped out and their vote it seems is going to the Tories.

• Like 1

I know it would never happen, but love it if Corbyn stepped down due to poor results and Labour put it a new leader unopposed before the general election.

For absolutely no other reason but to see the look of Theresa May's face, that she might have to do some proper campaigning.  

• Like 1

Â