General Election 2017

ender4

3 minutes ago, Awol said:

Last one because I'm off on a leaving do, but it takes two to tango. If the EU insist on sticking to the formula of cash up front and no further discussionwe will have to walk. No choice. 

You'll be surprised to hear I completely disagree :) Enjoy your pi....leaving do

• Like 2

Theresa May finally breaks cover to both reveal her master plan to win over voters and to squash accusations shes a despotic authoritarian dictator who craves a one party state with no dissenting voices allowed though it is rumored she may have mentioned the need for a strong and stable government and not a coalition of chaos

590824f5eb8d3_chairmanmay.jpg.b6cda4841afb8f13f1764e9b107fee52.jpg

Edited by mockingbird_franklin
  • Like 2

dianne abbott, the only politician to give Donut Smith a run for his money in the delusions of adequacy and competency stakes

I can't think of a single thing shes ever said of worth, but then i tend to switch off and not pay attention when she does open her mouth, not always the wisest of things to do but sometimes it's a safe bet that whatever some people are saying, it's gonna be utter garbage.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Personally I think Abbott's elevation says a lot about Corbyn.

unfortunately i think you're right, there are mitigating circumstances but even they don't come close of absolving him over his decisions regarding dianne abbott and her positional rise

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

that he likes to shag racists ?

i'm not sure her being a racist had anything to do in why he shagged her, looking and unfortunately occasionally listening to abbott though, i can't seem to find any other possible reasons why,  so it has to remain a possibility as more likely than any of the usual reasons for sexual interactions, 

On 5/1/2017 at 10:19, Risso said:

Agreed.  It was the same the other day with the huge front page from The Times stating that the US was going to prioritise the EU ahead of the UK in trade deals.  The source of this information warranting almost the entire front page and all of the third page?  An unnamed source "close to the White House".

Backed up by the US Trade Secretary, Wilbur Ross, though. (pay to read).  

The upcoming general election and the UK’s need to negotiate a post-Brexit trade agreement with the EU were among several complications that made a deal with the US a low priority, Wilbur Ross said. There were also “bandwidth issues” because Britain had not negotiated a trade deal “in a long, long time”, he said in an interview with The Wall Street Journal.

The Times revealed on Saturday that senior officials from the US, UK and EU believed that Europe had moved ahead of Britain in the queue for trade talks. A source close to the White House said that the Trump administration had come to a “realisation” that a deal with the EU was more important to US interests than a post-Brexit deal with Britain.

Mr Ross’s stance marks a change in position in the White House since President Trump said in January that he wanted to sign a trade deal with Britain quickly because it was “good for both sides”. It is also likely to embarrass Boris Johnson, who claimed that Britain would be “first in line” for a deal after he met Mr Trump’s advisers that month.

The US wants to re-balancetheir trade so that they "win" (at the moment they lose in balance of trade wrt the UK)

Edited by blandy

So we'll spend billions as a country trying to get trade deals with countries like China and India, but we'll be stubborn over £58bn with our largest trading partner and walk away from a trade deal for the sake of it? Like we wouldn't be paying that shortfall back tenfold in import/export tariffs.

Yeah, right. 

• Like 4

Looks like I'll be voting Green Party as they have stated that they will hold a referendum on Brexit once the deal is finalised. This makes complete sense to me and I'm baffled that all parties do not want to do this. Surely we should vote on the facts? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Looks like I'll be voting Green Party as they have stated that they will hold a referendum on Brexit once the deal is finalised. This makes complete sense to me and I'm baffled that all parties do not want to do this. Surely we should vote on the facts? 

Lib Dem will be doing the same.

3 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I'd vote for the Green Party but I wouldn't want to waste the paper.

• Like 3

Â