General Election 2017

ender4

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Can't believe labour are as far as 7/1 to win this. Ita going to be tight i think

It's basically Villa travelling way to Arsenal when we were half decent.  Doable!

3 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

What's that? You only want to pay for a half page advert this time?

No problem, we'll find a headline for a story in the paper we can fill the rest of the page with.

DBnlvfNV0AI9hBP.jpg

Doesn't matter how much money the Tories spend, it can't take away Wales' ability to juxtapose truth and bullshit.

• Like 2

They took out the whole front back and two inside pages in the rag that gets shoved through my door for free

And they stand ZERO chance of winning in any constituency it serves. A safe Labour and Safe Liberal seat

4 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Hmmm Yes, a big company of bean counters. I prefer to read what economists think of the effect on the economy

And all they did was send out a survey to some companies, no in-depth analysis, just an opinion poll of a few company directors. It's utterly meaningless

• Like 2

New York Times weighing in on the front page-

An unexpected surge of populist-nationalist rage at globalist elites is often blamed for the Brexit vote. But it is the elites, not the people, who have led Britain’s retreat from Europe and the world.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/06/opinion/britains-voyage-to-inglorious-isolation.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=opinion-c-col-right-region&region=opinion-c-col-right-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-right-region

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Labour supporters might feel a bit deflated after reading Atul Hatwal's latest.

This election was an opportunist land grab and an attempt to show europe how strong and stable that bloody awkward woman could be as an orator, as a tough negotiator, as someone that doesn't take no for an answer and doesn't do u-turns.

It was to be a procession to victory under the noses of those europeans. It was to be May's Brexit opening haka.

I'd be interested to see the impact it's had on the EU side.

Anyway, about look at the sort of people May holds hands with. 

DBr7VSbW0AAR6Fk.jpg

• Like 2

That Sun story looks rubbish from the front page . . . is there really nothing more to it than, 'Corbyn many years ago gave a speech in a room where, amongst the audience, were some people who would go on to do terrible things many years later'? It's Jeremy Corbyn FFS, surely there's better skeletons than that?

Freedom of the press is incredibly important. I'd never argue strongly against it, not with a clear mind.

Yet it's incredibly hard to look at that front page and not only think that the scum should be shut down, but also that each and every reporter should be publicly flogged in the street. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

Doesn't matter how much money the Tories spend, it can't take away Wales' ability to juxtapose truth and bullshit.

Since when has Blackpool been in wales, Dave?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

This election was an opportunist land grab and an attempt to show europe how strong and stable that bloody awkward woman could be as an orator, as a tough negotiator, as someone that doesn't take no for an answer and doesn't do u-turns.

It was to be a procession to victory under the noses of those europeans. It was to be May's Brexit opening haka.

I'd be interested to see the impact it's had on the EU side.

Bemused impatience, as they couldn't give a toss how big her majority is.

What was corbyn on about last night:-

"They've underestimated us"

Tories look set for a majority of 60 - More than treble what they currently have. Heaven help us if thats a labour victory.

• Like 1

Â