Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s a thought sell isn’t it.

Civilian: Why do you need us?

Russia: All the first lot we had are dead already. And we’re losing more and more every day.

The hilarious thing is that Russia are reporting to their own people that only 5k russian soldiers have died, and over half the ukraine army no longer exists. So..... why the need for 300k more people Mr Putin? 

• Like 1

Given that Dagestan doesn't really view itself as Russian if you spoke to a lot of the population, and the troops from the area that have already been mobilised have been decimated, I can't imagine people are going to be too keen to be conscripted to fight a war they don't have a stake in and don't benefit from.

5 hours ago, Genie said:

Obviously an internal uprising against this terrible regime is a good thing overall. But are they against the war? Or just against having to be the ones on the battlefield? They were mainly very quiet when Russia displaced millions of people. Quiet when schools, hospitals and tower blocks and entire towns destroyed. Quiet with the stories of large scale torture and rape of women of all ages. Quiet at the news of tens of thousands killed.

Now with the prospect of being sent over the border they have found their voices.

I think that's a little unfair. 

Firstly, they might not know the real situation due to state media and censorship. 

Secondly, if i was Russian and knew the truth, i'd personally be keeping my head down and not creating trouble on the streets. We all know what happens to those who are brave enough to protest in Russia. 

Most people just won't be willing to take that chance until it personally affects them, even if they would love to do something to action change. 

Edited by ender4

14 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I think that's a little unfair. 

Firstly, they might not know the real situation due to state media and censorship. 

Secondly, if i was Russian and knew the truth, i'd personally be keeping my head down and not creating trouble on the streets. We all know what happens to those who are brave enough to protest in Russia. 

Most people just won't be willing to take that chance until it personally affects them, even if they would love to do something to action change. 

I also do remember similar protests back at the start of the war (and that woman with the sign board on Russian TV etc) but people were being arrested off the street for even saying the word 'war' so the authorities quickly stamped it out. 

Jeez, imagine if you or I had to bear arms for a war imposed by a tory government onto our nearest highly motivated neighbour (Ireland?) where many people have family links. A - I'd be absolutely shitting it, B - I would do everything I could think of to escape, C - in an actual battle I'd cave immediately and probably be shot for not fighting. How does Putin think 300,000 of these types of people are going to achieve anything? Money doesn't even talk anymore, all those who signed up for a short contract are now forcibly there permanently, money is meaningless. There must be absolutely zero motivation to get involved. 

16 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Jeez, imagine if you or I had to bear arms for a war imposed by a tory government onto our nearest highly motivated neighbour (Ireland?) where many people have family links. A - I'd be absolutely shitting it, B - I would do everything I could think of to escape, C - in an actual battle I'd cave immediately and probably be shot for not fighting. How does Putin think 300,000 of these types of people are going to achieve anything? Money doesn't even talk anymore, all those who signed up for a short contract are now forcibly there permanently, money is meaningless. There must be absolutely zero motivation to get involved. 

Id be dead mate as i wouldnt want to kill anyone

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

Russia needs to bring this to an end from within. 

It does, however Ukraine has to force them into this course of action through humiliation imo. Lose and the Russian bandwagon rolls on with mass ignorance. Humiliate Russia and cracks will appear as they have. Last week's counter offensive proved how easily the Russians can be made to panic.   

58 minutes ago, Genie said:

Russia needs to bring this to an end from within. 

It seems the “movers” most critical of Putin are the hardline nobbers who want more war and nukes and stuff , so the notion of a more rational, reasoned leader to take over seems a long shot right now.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, blandy said:

It seems the “movers” most critical of Putin are the hardline nobbers who want more war and nukes and stuff , so the notion of a more rational, reasoned leader to take over seems a long shot right now.

What about if Putin gets a bullet in the head? Would the next man in line be so keen to be the next in line for a bullet if he keeps going in the same way?

It’s gonna take millions to take the the streets in every major city. Could they instigate strike action or other disruptive tactics?

Edited by Genie

18 minutes ago, Genie said:

What about if Putin gets a bullet in the head? Would the next man in line be so keen to be the next in line for a bullet if he keeps going in the same way?

It’s gonna take millions to take the the streets in every major city. Could they instigate strike action or other disruptive tactics?

There was a post in this thread about the head of Wagner positioning himself for President. He’s a much bigger scumbag than Putin. It’s a very real possibility that whoever replaces Putin in the event of a coup is actually worse than Putin. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

There was a post in this thread about the head of Wagner positioning himself for President. He’s a much bigger scumbag than Putin. It’s a very real possibility that whoever replaces Putin in the event of a coup is actually worse than Putin. 

Why would their be an anti-war coup to oust Putin to install a bigger pro-war word removed?

Anything is possible I guess.

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’d either surrender, or try and get to Poland and seek asylum.

That's what I don't get. Where are all these people going who are leaving Russia? How can they just go and stay somewhere and work/earn a living? 

2 things that spring to mind:

1) Russia is going to seriously suffer if they lose a generation of young men in their prime. 

2) All those people will now be getting the truth, or at least the un Russian edited version of what's going on in Ukraine. They're going to be seeing the news reports and talking to neutral people who have free speech and haven't been brainwashed by Russian media.  They're going to be writing and phoning home with a very different version of events to what they've been seeing on TV for the last several months. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

Why would their be an anti-war coup to oust Putin to install a bigger pro-war word removed?

It won’t be anti war peaceniks who oust Putin, it will be the hardliners in his inner circle who see him as failing the country with his weakness.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s possible there will be an anti war coup, but the main criticism from “influential” people is that Putin/Russia has done things badly in conducting the war, not that the aims and whole idea was wrong. They’re hardliners who want more ruthless killing and destruction of Ukrainians and the west. If one of those were to get the top gig…

• Like 1

Â