• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

A question for the aviation experts.......

I have been watching the US Global Hawks since the start of the war.  They fly a very predictable flightpath over the Black Sea.  East to West.  Turn.  West to East.  Turn.  

1. Are they able to fly a more erratic/unpredictable course and still obtain the data they need? 

2. Can it be moved in real time in response to a threat?  Or is there a significant delay between the pilot giving the command and the drone executing the command? 

35 minutes ago, sne said:

i dont mean to underplay the Ukraine conflict, its terrible, however its hard not to laugh at this when you consider that none of the merry band ever had anything like this for their efforts to "save Iraq/Afghanistan/Syria" etc etc, it really shows just how everything is so double standards in the world, and how much of it is in the pockets of the west.

Yeah, Putin prob should face charges, but so should Bush, Blair, and many, many others for their crimes (aka: saving the people in the East......)

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i dont mean to underplay the Ukraine conflict, its terrible, however its hard not to laugh at this when you consider that none of the merry band ever had anything like this for their efforts to "save Iraq/Afghanistan/Syria" etc etc, it really shows just how everything is so double standards in the world, and how much of it is in the pockets of the west.

Yeah, Putin prob should face charges, but so should Bush, Blair, and many, many others for their crimes (aka: saving the people in the East......)

I don't think the warrant is for illegal invasion / war etc  , sounded like it was for illegal deportation of children  from Ukraine 

so what about Bush /Blair isn't the same thing here  .. not that they shouldn't be facing trail for other crimes 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Let's see if some bounty hunter can bring him in. 

Sadly Boba Fett is busy taking a bath so it'll have to be this prime specimen

Dog The Bounty Hunter Says “Little Hitler…That Freak” Stole Election –  Deadline 

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Sadly Boba Fett is busy taking a bath so it'll have to be this prime specimen

Dog The Bounty Hunter Says “Little Hitler…That Freak” Stole Election –  Deadline 

Loads of others to choose from.

OvkuSNi.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

A question for the aviation experts.......

I have been watching the US Global Hawks since the start of the war.  They fly a very predictable flightpath over the Black Sea.  East to West.  Turn.  West to East.  Turn.  

1. Are they able to fly a more erratic/unpredictable course and still obtain the data they need? 

2. Can it be moved in real time in response to a threat?  Or is there a significant delay between the pilot giving the command and the drone executing the command? 

The flight paths they follow take into account other airspace users and, what’s the word, consideration?  By following a consistent route they allow air traffic control services and airspace users to easily avoid confliction. It’s kind of polite.

1. Yes, absolutely. A flight plan consists of a series of waypoints. So a planned mission could be as you describe, or it could me more complex  and unpredictable.  Further, there’s the option to update the flight plan during the sortie, or to manually override it. Maybe something is seen which the operator deems of particular interest and worthy of further/longer/closer observation, for example.

2. Not true real time, the latency is around 3-5 seconds over satellite link. When it comes to take off and landing a different link is used with almost 0 latency

• Thanks 1

Putin makes a surprise visit to Mariupol, is that to goad them for issuing an arrest warrant?

Its such a shame the Ukrainians didn’t get intelligence he was heading in so they could have shot his helicopter down.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

On 18/03/2023 at 03:02, UpTheVilla26 said:

Apparently they've not abducted the kids cos Ukraine is part of Russian territory and they allow the parents to visit the children every week. 

Oh,im glad about that.The last thing that anyone would want is for Russia to kidnap kids.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Putin makes a surprise visit to Mariupol, is that to goad them for issuing an arrest warrant?

Its such a shame the Ukrainians didn’t get intelligence he was heading in so they could have shot his helicopter down.

I have seen the pictures and the video.  That doesn't look like Putin.  The movement is all wrong.  

1 hour ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

I have seen the pictures and the video.  That doesn't look like Putin.  The movement is all wrong.  

First thing my gf and I talked about was, but it's it really him? 

Also I'm not a betting man, but hands up who thinks he really flew in by helicopter? 

And he went there at night. How bizarre. Was it because in daylight people might see it's not really him? Or is because due to the curfew they can much more easily control who's out and about? 

So much bollocks. 

Â