• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Didn't see that. Glad.

Russian airlines now stopping all ticket sales to men 18-65. That'll put the wind up a lot of folks, 'partial' mobilisation now seeming a bit impartial. 

Everyone knows that no army fights harder than one made up of conscripts who so desperately wanted to avoid fighting they were willing to emigrate. Elite.

Not unduly worried by what was announced last night. Won’t meaningfully help Russian win the war, and the nuclear threats have been bluster since the start of the war.

Using a tactical nuke just guarantees NATO annihilates any Russian military force outside of Russia and Ukraine wins the war. Even China would be against Russia at that point.

Using a strategic nuke guarantees that Putin ends up dead. He’s got a family and is a wealthy man, and could possibly even survive in power after losing the war if he claimed it was NATO that swung it (which they already are).

And there’s big question marks about whether the Russian nukes work at all, and whether the military would be willing to fire them and die in a nuclear fireball rather than just take Putin out back and shoot him in the head. Nothing has really changed in the last 48 hours overall.

Edited by Panto_Villan
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

Some other good news - Russia has now freed the two British prisoners in LNR / DNR captivity that had been sentenced to death.

Worth remembering they tortured the third guy to death, of course.

My news says 5 not 2 but they are quoting Truss so it could easily be 48

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

My news says 5 not 2 but they are quoting Truss so it could easily be 48

Do you know who the other ones are? I was only aware there were three Brits in captivity.

There were other prisoners of other nationalities too - maybe they’ve been released too and are included in the figures?

3 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

Do you know who the other ones are? I was only aware there were three Brits in captivity.

There were other prisoners of other nationalities too - maybe they’ve been released too and are included in the figures?

No idea, all the stories are based on a Truss quote and I haven't found any names as yet

EDIT: One is definitely Aiden Aslan

• Like 1

Let us not forget the other threats Putin made in the last 6 months. 

Finland would find itself on the front line of a war if the joined NATO. 

Russia reserves the right to attack Polish airbases used to ship weapons to Ukraine. 

There would be massive consequences if NATO interfered. 

There would be massive consequences if NATO armed Ukraine. 

There would be massive consequences if NATO armed Ukraine with Himars. 

All those threats.  Nothing happened. 

Putin says the the West is trying to destroy Russia.  But the true picture is that NATO hasn't even given Ukraine the most effective Western weapons. Let's see how long Russia last against Cruise Missiles, F16 and modern tanks   But even that's not our best kit.

Â